Tanya Perkins, M.A., M.F.A.
- M.F.A., Murray State University, 2016
- M.A., English Studies, Western Washington University, 2011
- B.A., English, Western Washington University, 2009
Current Teaching Interests
- Fiction, Professional & Technical Writing, Composition
Current Research/Creative Interests
- The short story cycle, contemporary fiction, digital media, online teaching and learning, service learning
Book Chapters (peer-reviewed)
- Harris, S., T. Perkins & M. Blankenship. 2016. Embedding Success: Supplemental Assistance in Online Writing Instruction. In Ross C. Alexander (Ed.) Best Practices in Online Teaching and Learning across Academic Disciplines. Fairfax, VA: George Mason University Press. (forthcoming)
- Perkins, T. 2016. Service Learning in the Professional Writing Classroom: Marilyn Cooper’s “Ecology of Writing” in Action. In M. G. Hickey’s (Ed.) Reflecting on Service-learning in higher education: Contemporary Issues and Perspectives. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- The White Rocker, The Forge Literary Magazine, forthcoming.
- The Dry Season, Second Hand Stories podcast, forthcoming.
- Through and Away. Storyscape Journal, Fall 2015.
- When He Finally Hits. Big Muddy, A Journal of the Mississippi River Valley, 15.1, Summer 2015.
- Imaginary Beasts. Chamber Four, 2013, Finalist for the Nisqually Prize in Fiction.
- Break and Enter. Sliver of Stone, April 2012.
- Black Henry. Emrys Journal, April 2012.
- Night Noise. Cirque, June 2010.
- Starfire. Arcadia Literary Journal, April 2010.
- The Nature of Breakage. Wilderness House Literary Review, Oct. 2009. Pushcart Prize Nominee.
- Getting Creative: Assessment Practices and Strategies in Music, Creative Writing and Fine Arts. Panel presentation at IU’s Assessment Institute 2016 Conference, Indianapolis, IN. Nov. 2016.
- All Together Now: Collaboration in Digital Resume-Writing Practices. Panel presentation at Tenth Biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference, Tempe, AZ. Oct. 2015.
- Ideals and Iterations: Student Composition Practices using an Online Resume-Building Platform. College English Association, Indianapolis, IN. March 2015.
- When Robots Write Resumes: The Dilemma of Point-and-Click Rhetoric. Panel presentation at Ninth Biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA. Sept. 2013.