Tonya L. Breymier
Lecturer, School of Nursing
Lecturer, Nursing & Informatics, Informatics
Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs
Hayes Hall 203
- PhD Candidate, Public Service Leadership, Capella University, 2007-present
- MS, Nursing Education, Ball State University, 2005
- BSN, Nursing, Wright State University, 1988
Current Research Interests
Simulation in nursing education, evidenced based teaching strategies, and informatics.
- Breymier, T. & Baker, D. (June, 2009). Utilizing Simulation within Nursing Education: The Fundamental Journey. Interactive Poster Presentation. Poster Presentation. The 8th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference. St. Louis, MO.
- Breymier, T. & Williamson, M. (June, 2009). ObSim: The Obstetric Simulation Experience. Poster Presentation. The 8th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference. St. Louis, MO.
- Breymier, T., Rankin, S., Stanforth, D. & Williams, M. (January, 2009). Mission Impossible: Incorporating Student Portfolios into BSN Program Assessment. Poster Presentation. The 2009 NLN Faculty Research Conference: Building the Science of Nursing Education. New Orleans, LA.
- Utilizing Simulation within Nursing Education: The Fundamental Journey (November, 2008). Breymier, T. & Baker, D., 28th International Lilly Conference on College Teaching: Millennial Learning: Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century. Miami University, Oxford, Ohio.
- Mission Impossible: Incorporating Student Portfolios into BSN Program Assessment (October, 2008). Breymier, T., DeLumba, D., Stanforth, D. & Williams, M., 35th Annual National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development: Creating Jazz: Transforming Exchanges in Education & Practice, Kansas City, MO.
- Lost in Space: From Take-Off to Landing (November, 2008). Breymier, T., Baker, D., Stanforth, D. & Dempsey, K., Clinical Education Redesign: Simulations, Innovations, and Partnerships. Indiana University-Purdue University School of Nursing, Indianapolis.
- Mission Impossible: Incorporating Student Portfolios into BSN Program Assessment (August, 2007). Breymier, T., Rankin, S., Stanforth, D. & Williams, M., Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conference: Evidenced-Based Teaching: Aligning Academic & Clinical Classrooms, University of Cincinnati.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Various nursing positions within management, acute care, and diabetes education
- Nursing background of 22 years includes: obstetrics, post-anesthesia care unit, diabetes education, nursing education, and homecare.
- Sigma Theta Tau- National Nursing Honor Society
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning
- National League for Nursing
- American Nurses Informatics Association
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Karen Cobb in Creative Teaching in Nursing Education Award, Indiana University, 2009
- Student Choice in Teaching Excellence Nomination, Indiana University East, 2006
- Cameos of Caring in Nursing Excellence Nomination from Wayne Hospital, 2003
- Ohio Department of Health, Columbus, Ohio
-"Diabetes Today" A CDC community initiative for diabetes awareness, 2003
- Joyce Bruns RN Memorial Scholarship, 2000