Tonya L. Breymier
Assistant Professor, School of Nursing
Associate Dean for Nursing Graduate Programs
Hayes Hall 203
- PhD Human Services, Capella University, 2012
- MS, Nursing Education, Ball State University, 2005
- BSN, Nursing, Wright State University, 1988
- Certified Online Instructor, LERN, 2014-present
- Certified Nurse Educator, NLN, 2011-present
- Certified Diabetes Educator, NCBDE, 2003-2008
- Certified Inpatient Obstetric Nursing, NCC, 1993-2000
Current Research Interests
Simulation in nursing education, evidenced based teaching strategies, and online learning.
- Breymier, T. (September, 2014, Accepted podium presentation). The flight path for clinical education: Student nurse perceptions comparing the traditional clinical environment and the simulation environment toward meeting clinical learning outcomes. National League for Nursing National Education Summit, Flight of the Phoenix. Phoenix, Arizona.
- Breymier, T., Baker, D., & Burns, S. (September, 2014, Accepted poster presentation). Flight of the first year nursing student: Rebuild your programs first year fundamental experience. National League for Nursing National Education Summit, Flight of the Phoenix. Phoenix, Arizona.
- Breymier, T., & Baker, D. (June, 2014, Accepted poster presentation). Turn fantasy into reality: Work the magic of graduate students and their scholarly projects for your simulation program! 13th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference, Experience the Magic of Simulation. Orlando, Florida.
- Breymier, T. (May 2014, Accepted podium presentation). Re-examining the use of collaborative assignments in online education. Annual Indiana University FACET Retreat: REnew, REtool, REflect, Reinvigorate. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Breymier, T. (October, 2013, Accepted poster presentation). Unleashing the complexities of learning with web-based simulations! NLN/Elsevier Annual Technology Conference, Unleash the Power: Technology in Education and Practice. Philadelphia, PA.
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Various nursing positions within management, acute care, and diabetes education.
- Nursing background of 26 years includes: obstetrics, post-anesthesia care unit, diabetes education, nursing education, and homecare.
- Sigma Theta Tau- National Nursing Honor Society, Secretary Zeta Phi 2005-2007.
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, Webinar Chair 2014-present.
Selected Academic Awards/Recognitions
- Helen Lees Award for Excellence in Teaching, Indiana University East, 2014
- Karen Cobb in Creative Teaching in Nursing Education Award, Indiana University, 2009