The Indiana University East academic year is divided into three terms: Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (May to August).
Important Dates & Deadlines (detailed term calendars)
|Fall Term 2015||Fall Term 2016||Fall Term 2017|
|Spring Term 2016||Spring Term 2017||Spring Term 2018|
|Summer Term 2016||Summer Term 2017||Summer Term 2018|
Common IU Academic Calendar through Spring 2031
In order for students to transfer from one IU campus to another, without loss of time in the pursuit of their educational goals, the Indiana University Board of Trustees approved a common academic calendar that is followed by all IU campuses.
The common IU calendar establishes the following Fall and Spring term dates through Spring 2031...
- Term begin date (i.e., first day of classes)
- Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
- 100% refund date -- end of first week
- 75% refund date -- end of second week
- 50% refund date -- end of third week
- 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
- Last day to drop and receive an automatic "W" -- end of ninth week
At this time, sessions within the semester, as well as fall and spring breaks are still determined at each individual campus.