The Indiana University East academic year is divided into three semesters/terms:
Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (May to August).
Important Dates & Deadlines (detailed semester calendars)
Common Academic Calendar
The common calendar establishes the following Fall and Spring semester dates:
- Semester/term begin date (i.e., first day of classes)
- Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
- 100% refund date -- end of first week
- 75% refund date -- end of second week
- 50% refund date -- end of third week
- 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
- Last day to drop and receive an automatic "W" -- end of ninth week
Thus far, summer term dates have not impacted, but…that is subject to change. Also, at this time, mini-sessions within the semester, as well as fall and spring breaks are still determined at each individual campus.