The IU East academic year is divided into three terms/semesters: Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (May to August).
Detailed Term/Semester Calendars
|Fall 2016||Fall 2017|
|Spring 2017||Spring 2018|
|Summer 2017||Summer 2018|
Common IU Academic Calendar (through Spring 2031)
In order for Indiana University students to transfer from one IU campus to another, without loss of time in the pursuit of their educational goals, the Board of Trustees approved a common academic calendar that is followed by all IU campuses.
The common IU calendar establishes the following Fall and Spring term/semester dates...
- Begin date (i.e., first day of classes)
- Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
- 100% refund date -- end of first week
- 75% refund date -- end of second week
- 50% refund date -- end of third week
- 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
- Last day to drop and receive an automatic "W" -- end of ninth week
At this time, sessions within the semester, as well as fall and spring breaks are still determined at each individual campus.
|Fall 2015||Fall 2014||Fall 2013|
|Spring 2016||Spring 2015||Spring 2014|
|Summer 2016||Summer 2015||Summer 2014|
|Fall 2012||Fall 2011|
|Spring 2013||Spring 2012|
|Summer 2013||Summer 2012|