The Indiana University East academic year is divided into three semesters/terms:
Fall (August to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (May to August).
In order that students may transfer from one IU campus to another without loss of time in the pursuit of their educational goals, the Indiana University Board of Trustees has approved a common academic calendar that will be followed by all campuses within the IU System, beginning with the Fall 2014 semester.
The common calendar establishes the following Fall and Spring semester dates:
1. Semester/term begin date (i.e., first day of classes)
2. Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
3. 100% refund date -- end of first week
4. 75% refund date -- end of second week
5. 50% refund date -- end of third week
6. 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
7. Last day to drop and receive an automatic "W" -- end of ninth week
At this point, our summer term dates were not impacted, but…that is subject to change by future BOT / UFC action. Also, please be aware that mini-sessions within the semester, as well as fall and spring breaks are still determined at each individual campus.
Common Academic Calendar (eff. Fall 2014)
Fall 2014 through Spring 2031 (Approved BOT 04/10/14)
Detailed "Important Dates & Deadlines" Calendars
|Spring Semester 2014|
|Summer Term 2014|
|Fall Semester 2014 (first semester that IU moves to the "common calendar")|
|Spring Semester 2015|