1. Have you been admitted to IU East?
If you have never attended Indiana University East (or any other IU campus), you need to apply for admission. The earlier you apply, the earlier you will be able to register for classes. Please visit the Office of Admissions in Whitewater Hall, Rm. 151 or contact an admissions representative at 800-959-3278, or 765-973-8208, or e-mail at email@example.com. You may apply to IU East on the web. New students are required to attend orientation.
If you currently use One.IU, Canvas, IU e-mail, or any of the lab computers at IU East, then you already have an active network ID and passphrase.
If you do not have a network ID and passphrase, or have forgotten your ID and passphrase:
- Open a web browser, navigate to One.IU (https://one.iu.edu/), then search on "passphrase."
- Select "Create My First IU Account" or "Passphrase Reset"
- Or, take a photo ID to the IT Help Desk, Hayes Hall, Rm. 169, and ask for assistance.
3. Did you set up an IU East e-mail account?
You will have access to this once you have activated your IU account or have verified your network ID and passphrase.
To verify your IU e-mail account, navigate to One.IU (https://one.iu.edu/), then click on either Email (Umail) or Email (Exchange).
Campus notifications and updates will be delivered to students via their IU e-mail account.
Top of Page
4. When is registration?
- Spring 2018: Registration begins on Monday, October 23, 2017 and runs through Sunday, January 7, 2018.
- Summer 2018: Registraton begins on Monday, October 23, 2017 and runs through Sunday, May 13, 2018.
- Fall 2018: Registration begins on Monday, March 19, 2018 and runs through Sunday, August 25, 2018.
- Spring 2018: Late registration begins on Monday, January 8, 2018 and runs through Sunday, January 14, 2018.
- Summer 2018: Late registration begins on Monday, May 14, 2018 and runs through Sunday, May 20, 2018.
- Fall 2018: Late registraton begins on Monday, August 26, 2018 and runs through Sunday, September 1, 2018.
5. Have you met with your academic advisor?
- Review the online schedule of classes or through One.IU
- If academic advising is required for your program, then schedule a time to meet with your advisor prior to registering. Your academic advisor will assist you in selecting classes that meet your educational needs and degree requirements.
Top of Page
You have multiple ways you can register for classes. All of the options for registration are located in your Student Center, which is accessed through One.IU. Prior to your registration appointment, you can add classes you wish to take to the Enrollment Shopping Cart, and when it is time to register, you can enroll directly from classes stored in your Enrollment Shopping Cart. Also, when it’s your time to register, you may select and enroll in classes using the Class Registration task in One.IU or the Register & Drop/Add link in Student Center. If you have classes in your Planner, you may also select them for enrollment via My Planner.
Accessing the Student Center
- Navigate to One.IU ~ Class Registration
- Click on the Start button.
Registering from my Enrollment “Shopping Cart”
- When you click the Enrollment Shopping Cart link, you will see an initial information screen. Please read this information to familiarize yourself with these registration features.
- Click on the Start button.
- When you find classes that interest you, you can add them to your shopping cart.
- Classes will remain in your Shopping Cart through the end of this semester
- You can use the Shopping Cart as a wish list. Put classes into your cart then return later and either delete the classes you don’t want, or quickly enroll in the classes you want from your cart.
Top of Page
Dropping a Class or Adding a Class
You can use the Drop/Add service to enroll for the upcoming term or adjust your current class schedule. You can register for classes only after your assigned enrollment date.
To drop a class, click Register & Drop/Add from the Student Center main page.
- After you have finished dropping and/or adding a class, be sure to take note the status column to be sure this was successful.
- To view your schedule after dropping the class, click “My Class Schedule”.
- Dropped classes will be indicated by the word “Withdrawn” in the Status field.
When you don’t want to drop an enrolled class until you are safely enrolled in a new class, when you are changing sections of the same course, or if you are already at or near your maximum number of credits allowed, you may want to use the Swap feature.
- To swap a class, click Register & Drop/Add from the Student Center main page.
- Click Swap.
- Select the class you want to remove from your schedule and either select a replacement from your shopping cart or use Class Search or My Planner to choose a replacement.
- You will receive a confirmation page.
- Once you have confirmed the classes you want to swap, click “Finish Swapping”.
- The class swap is now complete and you can view your class schedule
Using the Planner
The Planner is a tool for you to use in building a list of classes that will meet your academic objectives. Only you may add or edit the information in your Planner. Academic Advisors and Administrators have the ability to view what is in your planner.
Your Planner will remain there for you to use, with the information you have placed there, for as long as you are an active student in the IU system. You may plan for a few courses or for a complete degree. Using information from your Academic Advisor or Academic Unit, determine what courses you should plan to take and use the Course Catalog Search button in the Planner to find them and add them to your Planner. You may then assign courses to a given term or leave them unassigned. You may add and remove courses as often as you wish. Note that the availability of a course during any given term is controlled by the academic unit and subject to change. While the Planner can be a useful tool, be sure to check course availability as the desired term approaches as you may need to make alternate plans if it is not offered.
- From the Student Center main page, click the Academic Planning link. This will take you to the initial page in the Planner.
- To place classes in your Planner, click “Course Catalog Search”.
- Select the Institution from the drop down list.
- You may either enter directly or use the search feature to enter Subject and Catalog Number.
- Click “Search”.
- When you find the class you want, click “Add To Planner”.
- Click Return to Planner. If you want a class other than this or wish to add another class you can do that from here.
- To remove a class from your Planner, click the trash can icon beside the appropriate class in the Delete column.
- To move classes to a specific term, select the desired classes (by clicking the checkbox in the Select column), select the appropriate term and click “Move”.
- Continue this process until all the classes you want to put in each term have been placed. You may also leave classes unassigned.
Registering from the Planner
- Click Register & Drop/Add from Student Center
- Select the desired Term.
- Click “Continue”.
- To register from the planner, click the My Planner radio button.
- This will take you to the Search from My Planner page.
- Courses that are offered in the term you have selected will be indicated with a “Select” button.
- Click “Select” to select the classes in which you want to register.
- You can get a more accurate view of what classes you can take for this Term by selecting any or all the filter boxes and then click “Filter”.
- Click “Select” for the classes in which you want to register.
- To register, click “Enroll Now”.
- From Confirm Classes page click “Finish Enrolling”.
- The enrollment results page will display and you will be able to view your class schedule.