All paper class rosters, including the former white, blue, green and pink rosters, are available online for the instructor of record. Note: The most accurate, up-to-the-minute, class rosters are those retrieved from SIS through your OneStart Faculty Center.
Retrieving Class Rosters via OneStart (SIS)
Using OneStart, you can view, download class rosters to a spreadsheet on your computer, and print rosters. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log into OneStart
- On the Services tab, select Faculty Systems
- Locate the Instructor Information box
- Click "Go to Faculty Center"
- The Faculty Center will open to the current term. If you want to access a roster from a different term, select the appropriate term, and click.
- The Class Roster link will appear in the leftmost column of the My Teaching Schedule grid. Click the Class Roster link to display the specific class roster.
Never pass a class roster around your class as a means of taking attendance if that class roster still has student ID numbers on it! To do so is a violation of FERPA. If you need a roster for attendance taking purposes, download your OneStart/SIS class roster to Excel, and then delete the student ID column first.
Download/Save a Class Roster to an Excel Spreadsheet
- Click the spreadsheet icon on the blue bar
- When asked whether to open or safe the file, select open.
- When the Download Complete dialog box appears, click. If you receive a Microsoft Excel message warning that the file is in a different format, click Yes.
- The spreadsheet will open.
- Delete the Student ID/University ID column...if you intend to use this roster to take classroom attendance.
- If you save the spreadsheet, be sure to save it to a secure location (not on your desktop or hard drive). Please see the IT Department for assistance in determining a secure location.