PDF Transcript Information
PDF Transcript Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a PDF Transcript Delivery?
- Are PDF transcripts official?
- What will it cost me to have my transcript sent electronically?
- How do I order a copy of my official transcript?
- How can the recipient tell that a PDF transcript is authentic?
- Are all students eligible for PDF transcript delivery?
- Who accepts PDF transcripts?
- Are there any system requirements for downloading a PDF transcript?
- Can I forward a PDF transcript to someone else?
- How do I order a PDF copy of my official transcript?
- Will I be notified when my PDF transcript is sent?
- Will I be notified when the recipient has downloaded my PDF transcript?
- How long does the recipient have to download my PDF transcript?
- What if the recipient does not receive the e-mail required to download the PDF transcript?
- PDF Transcript Delivery is an electronically delivered official Indiana University transcript sent over a secure network to the e-mail address of the recipient you designate.
- Yes. PDF transcripts issued by Indiana University are considered official documents and are certified by a digital signature and special security characteristics. In addition, each page of the transcript contains the signature of the Registrar and the university seal.
- Thirteen dollars ($13). It will cost $8 for a copy of your official IU transcript + $5 to have that transcript sent electronically (PDF) to the recipient, for a total of $13 per transcript.
Recent / Active Students
If you are currently enrolled, or have been enrolled at IU East within past 5 years, and remember your username and password, you can order your IU transcript electronically by following the steps outline in our Student Initiated -- eTranscript Request for ACTIVE Students
- log into OneStart,
- select the Services tab,
- select the Student Self-Service tab on the left,
- under the Services & Information section, locate the eDocs heading
- click on the Official Transcript Request (Online) link and follow the
- Former / Inactive Students
If it has been more than 5 years since you attended IU East, or you cannot remember your username and password, you can still order your IU East transcript electronically by following the steps outlined in our INACTIVE Student Initiated - eTranscript Request document.
- The recipient will receive instructions on how to authenticate the official PDF transcript. This will include steps the recipient must take to acquire an access code so that the transcript may be viewed.
- Because records prior to 1965 are in a different format, students who attended IU prior to 1965 are not eligible for PDF transcript delivery.
- PDF transcript delivery is becoming increasingly common. However, before requesting PDF transcript delivery, you should verify that the recipient will accept an electronic transcript. Additionally, it is important that you verify the appropriate e-mail address for transmission of the transcript.
- The recipient will need Adobe® Acrobat version 6.0 or greater, or Adobe® Reader version 6.04 or greater. The current version of Adobe® Reader is available free of charge and can be downloaded at http://www.Adobe.com. This information is mentioned in the e-mail notification that is sent to each recipient.
- Each transcript issued in PDF format has warnings that the document is intended for the recipient only. In addition, the e-mail notification to the recipient states the same. Indiana University will not certify the authenticity of any PDF transcript that has been replicated or forwarded to any person or organization other than the intended recipient.
- When you order your transcript, choose “Electronic PDF via e-mail” when selecting your delivery option.
- If you are sending the transcript to a third party, a courtesy e-mail notification will be sent to you when the recipient has received their download instructions. Note: If the requestor is a current IU student the courtesy e-mail will be sent to the student’s IU e-mail address.
- If you are sending the transcript to a third party, a courtesy e-mail notification will be sent to you when the recipient has downloaded the PDF. Note: If the requestor is a current IU student the courtesy e-mail will be sent to the student’s IU e-mail address.
- The recipient has 30 days to download your PDF transcript before it expires. Recipients who have not downloaded your PDF transcript receive a reminder e-mail a few days prior to expiration.
- Please have the recipient check their junk mail for the e-mail.