Schedule of Classes (SoC)
Indiana University East releases its schedule of classes (SoC) approximately one month prior to the start of registration. Thus, Fall courses are typically available in February, while Spring and Summer courses are typically available in September. There are three class schedule search options:
This is the search option to use if you want the official class schedule and you need detailed textbook information.
The "OFFICIAL CLASS SCHEDULE" search engine reflects real-time course availability and the open or closed status of each class. Additionally, with each class, there is a (Details) button which leads to more information specific to that section, including textbook and prerequisite details.
Students, academic advisors, faculty, and staff
Search the official class schedule at:
Public / Guests of IU East
Search the official class schedule at:
2.) Unofficial Class Search
Please note: This version of the schedule of classes reflects day-old course enrollment totals, open/closed status, and seat availability. Textbook information is limited in this version.
3.) Unofficial PDF Copy of Class Schedule
Provided primarily for administrators who need to review or print an entire department's course listing. Please note: This version of the schedule of classes reflects day-old course enrollment totals, open/closed status, and seat availability. Textbook information is limited in this version.
- Distance Education/Online Courses
- Honors Courses
Regular Textbooks: IU East Barnes & Noble Bookstore
IU Electronic Textbooks: Some classes at IU East are using electronic textbooks (a.k.a. "eTexts").
- Searching for Classes. Students, it is highly recommended that you use the "Official Class Schedule" search engine (see search option #1 above) in One.IU to search for available classes. Please READ THE FOOTNOTES associated with each class section.
(1) If a class is being taught with a regular textbook, additional information regarding that textbook can be found by clicking on the (Details) button.
On the "Search for Classes - Search Results" screen, click the (Details) button which leads to more information specific to that section including, textbook information.
(2) If a class is being taught with an eTextbook, the footnote will say, "IU eTEXT FEE REQUIRED." If you select an eTextbook-only class, you do NOT need to go to the Bookstore. You will automatically be charged on your feebill for the cost of the IU eTextbook.
(3) If a class is being taught with BOTH kinds of textbooks, the footnote will give you information regarding both.
- Once you've registered for an eTextbook class: You will be able to access eTextbook information from Class Schedule Details in your One.IU Student Center. Two links will be displayed on your class schedule details page. One link, ‘Textbook Summary’, provides information directly related to your eTextbook class(es), while the other link, ‘View/Order Textbooks’, leads to the Barnes & Noble textbook listing.
- Once in Canvas: When you sign in to Canvas, you will see a tab for Courseload on the left side. Clicking the Courseload tab will provide you with access to your eTextbook(s). If you are having trouble signing into Courseload, you may need to change to your web browser's configuration (https://kb.iu.edu/data/ayyq.html). If you are still unable to sign in to Courseload, please contact the IT Help Desk, located in Hayes Hall, Rm. 169 or call (765) 973-8375.
Questions about the Courseload Software: Staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning can assist you. The Center for Teaching and Learning is located in Springwood Hall 202. http://www.iue.edu/ctl
Indiana University East participates in "Transfer Indiana" and is a member of the "Core Transfer Library (CTL).
What is the CTL? To enable you to transfer college credits, Indiana has developed the
Core Transfer Library (CTL) – a list of courses that will transfer among
all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate
All Core Transfer Library courses will meet the general education or free elective requirements of undergraduate degree programs, and a significant majority of CTL courses will also count as one-on-one equivalents to courses taught at your new campus.
Courses on the IU East Schedule of Classes, that are a part of the Core Transfer Library (CTL), carry the following footnote: "This class is part of the 'Transfer Indiana' (transferIN) Initiative. For additional information , link to www.transferin.net."
Click here to see a complete list of IU East courses listed in the CTL.
- ARR - meeting day and time arranged with instructor
- DA - Danielson Center - New Castle
- GD - Good Samaritan Hospital - Dayton
- HY - Hayes Hall (main campus)
- IM - Madison
- LB - Lawrenceburg
- OL - Online (web)
- RW - Springwood Hall (main campus)
- TR - Tom Raper Hall (main campus)
- WB - Web (online)
- WZ - Whitewater Hall (main campus)
Days of the Week Abbreviations
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- S = Saturday
- MW = Monday & Wednesday
- TR = Tuesday & Thursday
- D = (daily) M,T,W,R,F
|Spring 2017 - Web||Spring 2016 - Web|
|Spring 2017 - PDF||Spring 2016 - PDF|
|Summer 2016 - Web|
|Summer 2016 - PDF|
|Fall 2016 - Web|
|Fall 2016 - PDF|
|Spring 2015 - Web||Spring 2014 - Web||Spring 2013 - Web|
|Spring 2015 - PDF||Spring 2014 - PDF||Spring 2013 - PDF|
|Summer 2015 - Web||Summer 2014 - Web||Summer 2013 - Web|
|Summer 2015 - PDF||Summer 2014 - PDF||Summer 2013 - PDF|
|Fall 2015 - Web||Fall 2014 - Web||Fall 2013 - Web|
|Fall 2015 - PDF||Fall 2014 - PDF||Fall 2013 - PDF|
|Spring 2012 - Web||Spring 2011 - Web||Spring 2010 - Web|
|Spring 2012 - PDF||Spring 2011 - PDF||Spring 2010 - PDF|
|Fall 2012 - Web||Fall 2011 - Web||Fall 2010 - Web|
|Fall 2012 - PDF||Fall 2011 - PDF||Fall 2010 - PDF|