Certificate in Gerontology (12 cr)
The Four Course Certificate is for the student pursing a concurrent degree in any area. It is also appropriate for the student who has completed a degree and wishes a concentration in this area. The Certificate in Gerontology provides a practice-oriented knowledge base including both concepts and applications.The major objectives of the certificate program are:
- Prepare you for employment in community-based settings which provide services to older persons
- Increase students awareness of the needs of older adults and the implications of an aging population in American society
- Provide current information on gerontology policy and practice issues; and
- Facilitate students in their efforts to gain or increase skills and upgrade knowledge in gerontology.
- HSRV-H 204 Introduction to Gerontology
- PSY-B 354 Adult Development and Aging
- HSRV-H 301 Service Needs of Older Adults
- HSRV-H 303 Counseling Needs of Older Adults
Certificates are awarded when classes are completed, even though a student is still working toward a degree.