IU East Testing Center
Welcome to the IU East Testing Center. We look forward to offering a warm and secure environment for students to take their exams. We realize that testing can be a stressful event for some, so we will work to provide students and faculty with the most positive testing experience possible. All exams require a current form of picture ID. Acceptable forms of identification include driver's license, passport, school ID, which is current and shows the examinee's first and last name.
Our mission is to help ensure quality nondiscriminatory testing and to provide authentic assessment on critical course components. Whether you are faculty, staff, or students, we want your experience here to be positive. We work to ensure the highest level of academic integrity. The Testing Center is housed within Academic Support Programs in Springwood Hall, suite 202.
Summer 2017 Hours
*Please note that all exams must be scheduled 24 hours in advance
|Monday||8 a.m. - 12noon||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 12noon||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 12noon||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 12noon||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Friday||By Appointment only|
Holiday Observance Campus Closures
|Monday||January 2, 2017||New Year's Day|
|Monday||January 16, 2017||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|Monday||May 29, 2017||Memorial Day|
|Tuesday||July 4, 2017||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 4, 2017||Labor Day|
|Thursday||November 23, 2017||Thanksgiving|
|Friday||November 24, 2017||Thanksgiving|
|Monday||December 25, 2017||Christmas Day|
We provide services to faculty, students, and staff for the following types of tests:
- Spanish Placement Exams: The IU East Testing Center is offering Spanish Placement Exams. If you are interested in taking one of these tests, please contact the Testing Center for more information.
- CASA Testing: Currently IU East does not charge any student for CASA proctoring. Please note that the test must be scheduled through the Pearson website and that payment to Pearson is required at the time of registration. For more information about IU East policies regarding CASA Testing please see the education webpage.
- Correspondence: NOTE: The IU East Testing Center DOES NOT provide the return postage paid envelope.
- Final exams: Final Exam Slots are prepared for faculty who are planning on using the Testing Center. The Testing Center provides services to online faculty. Mid-term and final exams are only offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Make-up exams: Available for all IU East students/faculty members testing needs. We want to accommodate as many full and part-time IU East faculty as possible.
- ACT Residual Testing: If you have not taken the ACT
Test and are considering attending IU East, you can take the ACT residual exam
with our center.
- ACT Calculators Permitted and Calculators that are Prohibited for ACT Compass and Residual Math Test. Calculators are not provided by the Testing Center. Click the link below to access it: Listing of Calculators
- Disability Testing: The Testing Center readily provides special test accommodations for all students who qualify for non-standard test administrations. To make sure you qualify for these administrations, please contact Larry Scott in Student Support Services Whitewater Hall, suite 110. It is the student’s responsibility to make appointments with the Testing Center and then remind the instructor to be sure the test is sent to the Testing Center prior to the student’s arrival to take the test.
Testing Center Reminders:
- No food or drink
- No children or visitors
- No cell phones or electronics
- No non-test related materials permitted in the testing room
- Restroom breaks will only be permitted for multi-part tests
- All activity, other than test-taking, will be reported
*Any tests requiring cell phones will need to be approved in advance
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The IU East Testing Center is also bound by privacy restrictions set forth by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This act is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records and states that no student/examine information shall be released to a third party without written consent of the student.
In case of adverse weather, the IU East Testing Center follows the IU East campus weather bulletin for closings.