IU East Online Programs and Testing Center
Welcome to the IU East Testing Center. We look forward to offering a warm and secure environment for students to take their exams. We realize that testing can be a stressful event for some, so we will work to provide students and faculty with the most positive testing experience possible. All exams require a current form of picture ID. Acceptable forms of identification include driver's license, passport, school ID, which is current and shows the examinees first and last name.
Our mission to help insure quality nondiscriminatory testing and to provide authentic assessment on critical course components. Whether you are faculty, staff, or students, we want your experience here to be positive. We work to ensure the highest level of academic integrity. The Testing Center is housed within the Online Programs/Center for Teaching & Learning.
We provide services to faculty, students, and staff for the following types of tests:
- Compass Math Placement: All new students are required to take a math placement assessment which is administered in the Testing Center. Keep in mind that the COMPASS math assessment will test your knowledge and skills in a variety of areas. All students will start with the COMPASS Algebra test. You can find practice test questions at the Compass website. You will receive you test score upon completion of the test. It is highly recommended that you review before coming to the test.
- Spanish Placement Exams: The IU East Testing Center is offering Spanish Placement Exams. If you are interested in taking one of these tests, please contact the Testing Center for more information.
- Correspondence: NOTE: The IU East Testing Center DOES NOT provide the return postage paid envelope.
- Final exams Final Exam Slots are prepared for faculty who are planning on using the Testing Center. The Testing Center provides services to online faculty. Mid-term and final exams are only offered in the fall and spring semesters.
- Make-up exams: Available for all IU East students/faculty members testing needs. We want to accommodate as many full and part-time IU East faculty as possible.
- ACT Residual Testing: If you have not taken the ACT
Test and are considering attending IU East, you can take the ACT residual exam
with our center.
- ACT Calculators Permitted and Calculators that are Prohibited for ACT Compass and Residual Math Test. Calculators are not provided by the Testing Center. Click the link below to access it: Listing of Calculators
- Disability Testing: The Testing Center readily provides special test accommodations for all students who qualify for non-standard test administrations. To make sure you qualify for these administrations, please contact Elaine Bruns in Student Support Services Hayes Hall 064. It is the student’s responsibility to make appointments with the Testing Center and then remind the instructor to be sure the test is sent to the Testing Center prior to the student’s arrival to take the test.
Fall 2014 Hours (August 25 - December 15)
- Monday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: By appointment
*Please note children are not permitted in the testing center*
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The IU East Testing Center is also bound by privacy restrictions set forth by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This act is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records and states that no student/examine information shall be released to a third party without written consent of the student.
In case of adverse weather, the IU East Testing Center follows the IU East campus weather bulletin for closings.