At IU East, it’s important to the faculty and staff that you move through your education in a purposeful, efficient way so we require that each student meet with an academic advisor each term before he or she registers for classes. Within One.iu.edu, in your Student Center, you will see an Advising Hold. You cannot complete the registration process until you have discussed your academic plans each term. Your advisor will resolve the hold once you have met and selected your classes.
Who is my advisor?
Your advisor is assigned based on your major. In most cases, you will begin your time at IU East with a school advisor and then as you move into your junior or senior year, you will be assigned to a faculty advisor within your major. You can find contact information for your advisor in your Student Center in OneStart or contact your academic department for assistance. If you have not declared a major you will meet with an advisor in University College.
Academic School Contact Numbers
- School of Business and Economics
- 765-973-8343 or 765-973-8340, Hayes 255
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 765-973-8484, Tom Raper 115 – email@example.com
- School of Natural Science and Mathematics
- 765-973-8306 or 765-973-8519, Whitewater 263 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Education
- 765-973-8615, Tom Raper 350
- School of Nursing
765-973-8353, Hayes Hall 207 (pre-nursing students)
- School of Social Work
- 765-973-8535, Tom Raper 150
- Purdue Polytechnic Richmond
- 765-973-8228,Tom Raper 140