University College


At IU East, it’s important to the faculty and staff that you move through your education in a purposeful, efficient way so we require that each student meet with an academic advisor each term before he or she registers for classes. Within, in your Student Center, you will see an Advising Hold. You cannot complete the registration process until you have discussed your academic plans each term.  Your advisor will resolve the hold once you have met and selected your classes.

Who is my advisor?

Your advisor is assigned based on your major. In most cases, you will begin your time at IU East with a school advisor and then as you move into your junior or senior year, you will be assigned to a faculty advisor within your major. You can find contact information for your advisor in your Student Center in OneStart or contact your academic department for assistance.  If you have not declared a major you will meet with an advisor in University College. 

It’s also a good idea to review the information on the web page about your degree program and to look over the Schedule of Classes to have some classes in mind, to discuss with your advisor.

Academic School Contact Numbers

School of Business and Economics
765-973-8343 or 765-973-8340, Hayes 255
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
765-973-8484, Tom Raper 115 –
School of Natural Science and Mathematics
765-973-8519, Whitewater 263 –
School of Education
765-973-8615, Tom Raper 350
School of Nursing

765-973-8353, Hayes Hall 207 (pre-nursing students)

School of Social Work
765-973-8535, Tom Raper 150
Purdue Polytechnic Richmond
765-973-8228,Tom Raper 140