University College

Returning Students

A "Returning Student" is an IU East student that has not attended class for two semesters

Welcome Back! If you have "stopped out" of school for a few semesters, you need to contact our Office of Student Records (973-8270) and ask to be "reactivated" in the IU system. In most cases, you do not need to reapply for admission to the university.

After you have been reactivated as an IU student, be sure to set up an appointment with an advisor. Degree programs, or specific degree requirements, may have changed since you last attended classes. Be sure to ask your advisor to show you the most current information about degree requirements. Let your advisor know about any changes since your previous attendance as a student--particularly if you are interested in changing degree programs.

If you have selected a degree program, you should contact the appropriate school office. The school staff can tell you the name of your academic advisor.

Academic School Contact Numbers

School of Business and Economics
765-973-8343, Hayes 273
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
765-973-8484, Tom Raper 240
School of Natural Science and Mathematics
765-973-8285, Whitewater 262
School of Education
765-973-8224, Tom Raper 340
School of Nursing
765-973-8213, Hayes 271
School of Social Work
765-973-8535, Tom Raper 150
Purdue College of Technology
765-973-8260,Tom Raper 140