Returning StudentsA "Returning Student" is an IU East student that has not attended class for two semesters
Welcome Back! If you have "stopped out" of school for a few semesters, you need to contact our Office of Student Records (973-8270) and ask to be "reactivated" in the IU system. In most cases, you do not need to reapply for admission to the university.
After you have been reactivated as an IU student, be sure to set up an appointment with an advisor. Degree programs, or specific degree requirements, may have changed since you last attended classes. Be sure to ask your advisor to show you the most current information about degree requirements. Let your advisor know about any changes since your previous attendance as a student--particularly if you are interested in changing degree programs.
If you have selected a degree program, you should contact the appropriate school office. The school staff can tell you the name of your academic advisor.
Academic School Contact Numbers
- School of Business and Economics
- 765-973-8343, Hayes 273
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 765-973-8484, Tom Raper 240
- School of Natural Science and Mathematics
- 765-973-8285, Whitewater 262
- School of Education
- 765-973-8224, Tom Raper 340
- School of Nursing
- 765-973-8213, Hayes 271
- School of Social Work
- 765-973-8535, Tom Raper 150
- Purdue College of Technology
- 765-973-8260,Tom Raper 140