Here are the first steps for students transferring to IU East:
- The first step in starting classes at IU East is being admitted to the university. Contact our Office of Admissions at 765-973-8208 to get your paperwork started.
- Inter-campus Transfers
- If you have attended another IU campus, you don't need to be re-admitted, but you do need to complete the inter-campus transfer process. Contact our Office of Student Records for more information at 765-973-8271.
- New Student Orientation
- Even though you are not new to college, IU East is a new environment for you. We think you'll find the New Student Orientation provides very helpful information: you'll have a campus tour, learn about resources at IU East, and receive an IU East Bulletin. Contact our Office of Admissions to select your orientation time.
- Transcript Evaluation
- If Admissions has not received a transcript from your previous school, you will complete a Transcript Request Form as part of the admissions process. Your prior course work must be evaluated by our admissions staff before your advisor will know what classes to start you with at IU East.
- Compass is a placement test for new students, administered by Bob Lang, Distance Education Testing and Advising Coordinator, you may schedule a time to take the Compass placement test by calling 765-973-8249. Transfer students are not typically required to take the Compass test, but your advisor may recommend that you take a portion of the test if you are unsure about your abilities. For example, if you are not transferring in any math courses, you may want to take the math section of the Compass to see what math course you place into at IU East.