Job Search Assistance
IU East's Campus Career Center can help you get started on your job search, whether you're a current student or an alumnus. We'll meet with you one-on-one and assist you as you prepare your résumé and get ready for your job interview.
The first thing to do is to make sure you can still access your records in the IU System after you graduate. Go to the following website to make sure you are linked after graduation: https://alumni.indiana.edu/my-iu/index.html
Students and alumni are encouraged to search for jobs using IU East CareerLink. Employers seeking to recruit IU East students and graduates for internships or jobs use this tool.
If you are interested in looking for jobs in Indiana, try this website: indianacareerconnect.com.
If you are seeking an hourly job while in school, search for jobs in IU East CareerLink or contact Career Services.
Résumé Guide and Résumé Critique
Résumés are a very important tool in the job-search process. A great résumé might not get you a job but it will get you an interview. Even if you already have a résumé, we can help make sure it's ready to pass the 30-second review most employers will give it when looking for potential job candidates.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a member of our staff and we'll offer advice on how to fine-tune your résumé. Bring a draft version so we can offer content and formatting suggestions. While we won't write your résumé for you, our personal attention will help you create a résumé that works. Start with suggestions available in the Job Search Guide (available near the top of the page to your right).
- Refer to the various references in our Career Resource Center including résumé samples, formats, styles, and guides.
Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews
After your résumé helps get you the interview, how do you prepare? Interviewing is among the most important and, for many, most dreaded aspects of the job-search process.
We have several resources to help you prepare for the all-important interview:
- Use the mock interview tool in CareerLink.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a member of our staff or schedule an in-person mock interview and receive feedback on your interview skills.
Create an account on LinkedIn, one of the most popular social media platforms for business professionals – to make connections, research career paths and companies, and ultimately find the job of your dreams.
Job Board Web Sites
- Accounting Jobs
- Career Builder
- College Recruiter
- Flip Dog
- Diversity Healthworks
- Help Wanted
- National Educators Employment Network
- nobleofindiana.org (for those with disabilities)
- Simply Hired
- Government Employment
- Yahoo! Hot Jobs