Note from the Dean

December 3rd, 2013

Welcome to the first edition of our newsletter!  I am new to the position of dean but have been teaching in the School of Natural Science and Mathematics since 1991.  I have spent most of my academic life here at IU East because I love the interactions I have had with faculty, staff, and especially students.  This has been, and continues to be, a very good fit for me. NeilSabine

As dean, I am committed to offering our students every opportunity to be successful. This is a particularly exciting time because innovations in student learning are taking place both in traditional and virtual classrooms.

Regardless of how our students take our classes, we are focused on providing them with high-quality learning experiences.  We measure our effectiveness by the success of our students and it is our hope that all of our graduates will pursue fulfilling careers and invest their efforts in improving their communities.

I am excited about what the future of our school holds – it is bright!  As we share some of our achievements over the coming months, I am sure you will find them as informative and rewarding as we do.

Neil Sabine
Dean
IU East School of Natural Science and Mathematics
765-973-8389