We went to visit the Anglia Ruskin University today and they discussed with us about their simulation lab. Two of our group members ran a simulation and we all pitched in as well. The administration spoke with us about students spending 50% of their time in simulation labs and how this is a growing trend in the US.
We also visited Papworth Hospital, internationally known for their heart and lung transplants. We had a lengthy discussion concerning Ventricular Assist Devices. A few English expressions that were picked up in the discussion struck our attention: “Barking Mad” = someone really upset, “Theatres” = surgery suites, “Sister’s Office” = Charge Nurse Office, “Bleepers” = Pagers.
- Tonya Breymier’s Bio - November 4, 2015
- Terrikka Burger’s Bio - November 4, 2015
- Jessica Faulkner’s Bio - November 4, 2015
- Rachel Rose’s Bio - November 4, 2015
- Jeff Sheets Bio - November 4, 2015
- Tuesday’s adventures in London! - November 3, 2015
- London Pictures - November 3, 2015
- London Trip! - November 3, 2015
- London Experience Countdown - October 17, 2015
- Kelle’s London Bio - October 17, 2015