The IU East Campus Library has a wide selection of international films that are available for online streaming or circulation. Searching IUCAT for international films can be done by following these easy steps:
- Visit the IUCAT advanced catalog search page
- Under the “Format” tab on the left, select “Streaming Video” and “DVD, Videodisc”
- Under the “Language” tab, specify which language you are looking for
- Under the “Library” tab, select “East”
- In the first search bar type “Audio-Visual”
- Click “Advance Search” and your results will show all the available films for that language
The Foreign Language Films in the Library libguide includes a diverse selection of Spanish and French language films as well as listings for Japanese, Italian, German, and Chinese films. Brush up on your French skills by watching La vie en rose, a dramatic retelling of the life of French singer-songwriter, cabaret performer, and film actress Edith Piaf. Or learn about the Japanese chef Jiro Ono, who is considered one the greatest living sushi craftsman and credited with innovating methods used in modern sushi preparation, in the film Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Interested in family-friendly international youth films? The International Youth Films libguide organizes available films by various themes, including cultural heritage, family, fitting in, and gender identity. The Irish Shine of Rainbows is a film about a little orphan boy whose life is transformed by an amazing woman who teaches him to conquer grief and discover the magic in nature and himself. This coming-of-age film touches on topics such as bullying, loss, and abandonment.
There is a lot to explore and discover! Need help locating a film? You can Ask Us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply click this button: