BS in Business Administration with Computer Information Systems Concentration
The BS in Business Administration with Computer Information Systems Concentration degree requires a minimum of 120 credit hours. A minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C” or above) is required in all English composition courses and the required business and economics, as well as the required courses for the Computer Information Systems concentration.
General Education Requirements (30 cr)
The following required courses for the degree:
- Quantitative Reasoning: MATH-M 118 and ECON-E 270
- Social and Behavioral Ways of Knowing: ECON-E 103 or ECON-E 104
will also fulfill a portion of the General Education Requirements.
Remaining General Education Requirements can be fulfilled as you and your advisor see fit.
First-Year Seminar (0-3 cr)
- UCOL-U 101 First Year Seminar (2 cr) or HON-H 100 Freshman Honors Seminar (3 cr)
o Required for students who have never attended college as well as students transferring in less than 12 credit hours.
Required courses for the Degree (57 cr)
- BUS-W 100 Principles of Business Administration
- ECON-E 103 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON-E 104 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- BUS-A 201 Introduction to Finanacial Accounting
- BUS-A 202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BUS-K 209 Fundamentals of Microsoft Office
- BUS-L 203 Commercial Law
- MATH-M 118 Finite Math
- ECON-E 270 Introduction to Statistical Theory in Business and Economics
- IIM-I 300 Foundations and Principles of Integrated Information Management
- BUS-D 301 International Business Environment
- BUS-F 301 Finanacial Management
- BUS-M 301 Marketing Management
- BUS-P 301 Operations Management
- BUS-W 311 New Venture Creation
- BUS-Z 301 Organizational Behavior & Leadership
- BUS-J 401 Administrative Policy
- BUS-J 404 Business and Society
- BUS-Z 440 Personnel and Human Resource Management
Required Courses for the Computer Information Systems Concentration (17 cr)
- INFO-I 101 Introduction to Informatics (4 cr)
- INFO-I 210 Information Infrastructure I (4 cr)
- INFO-I 308 Information Representation
- BUS-P 330 Project Management
- BUS-S 310 Systems Analysis and Project Management
Electives (22-25 cr)
Students must complete at least 120 credit hours to graduate. Elective courses are taken to reach the 120 credit hour requirement. Any course not specifically required can be taken as an elective.