IU EAST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & ECONOMICS STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY
Recognizing the rapidly increasing diversity of America and of higher education, and in support of the mission of the Indiana University East School of School of Business & Economics, faculty and staff are committed to promoting an educational environment that values, respects, and reflects national and international views of diversity.
Diversity includes consideration of socioeconomic class, gender, age, religious belief, sexual orientation, and disabilities, as well as race and ethnicity. Diversity recognizes that individuals learn from exposure to and interaction with others who have backgrounds and characteristics different from their own. Recognizing and valuing diversity also means acknowledgement, appreciation, and support of different learning styles, ways of interaction, and stimulating forms of discourse derived from interaction and collaboration with persons from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
In order to fulfill this commitment, the Indiana University East School of Business & Economics:
- Promotes curriculum content that reflects diversity.
- Develops a comprehensive academic success model.
- Recruits, retains, and graduates students from diverse backgrounds in all programs with attention to transition across degrees.
- Recruits and retains faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Establishes and maintains linkages with the diverse communities of the city of Richmond, Wayne County, the State of Indiana, our broader service area including western Ohio and northern Kentucky, the nation, and the world.
- Identifies local, regional, national, and international resources that support diversity, promote academic excellence, and enrich the academic environment for all members of the School of Business & Economics community.
- Promotes research that reflects cultural diversity.
- Promotes and encourages culturally competent practice among students, graduates, and faculty.