IU EAST SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & ECONOMICS VISION AND MISSION
The vision of the School of Business & Economics is to promote prosperity, economic opportunity, and quality of life, for the citizens and communities of east central Indiana and our broader service area. The mission of the school is to create a community of learning that addresses society’s need for knowledgeable, competent, and caring citizens and business professionals, while nurturing students, faculty, and staff.
We educate the whole citizen while preparing our graduates to lead and manage others throughout their professional careers. We prepare our students to apply quantitative theory, critical thinking and decision making, and technology to address industry problems and ethical dilemmas. We enable our students to collaborate effectively with others and have an appreciation of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Our students will be able to communicate effectively in a business environment in a variety of formats. We prepare our graduates to perform key processes through problem-based business instruction; identify, use, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information; act with self-awareness and consideration for others; and enhance their personal development through life-long learning and community service.
In pursuit of our mission, the School of Business & Economics will:
- Develop and maintain a student-centered environment.
- Retain and reward qualified, knowledgeable, and engaged faculty members.
- Maintain our leadership in online instruction.
- Seek and incorporate feedback from key stakeholders, including students, alumni, and the business community.
- Engage in continuous improvement of our curriculum and processes.