The IU East Master’s in Management is designed for individuals who performed well academically in a wide range of degrees at the undergraduate level. A degree in business is not required. We are also looking for individuals with at least two years of employment in either a management position or position leading to management.
Our admissions process balances academic performance (undergraduate GPA), fit with individual life and career goals as described in the application essays, and past performance and future potential summarized in recommendations from key individuals.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, however, priority is given to applications received by December 1, 2019; applications for international students are required by September 1, 2019.
Admissions Portfolio Checklist
- Completed application.
- Resume with complete employment and education history.
- Original undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed directly to IU East School of Business and Economics.
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Three Recommendation Forms, one from a recent employer.
- Two essays:
- Short 500-word essay in which you describe how this program fits with your personal and career goals.
- Short 500-word essay in which you take a position on only one of the three issues here:
- What are some of the challenges an individual business manager or executive has in establishing a value-based, ethical culture within an organization?
- What are three critical characteristics of effective leadership, and why are these characteristics more important than others?
- In what ways can a business balance profitability and being a productive community partner?
- Please include both essays in a single file (Word or PDF preferred). The application only allows one document to be uploaded into the departmental questions section.
- If you are unable to upload the essay to the application, you can send it as an email attachment to Darla Lane, Graduate Admissions Coordinator at email@example.com
- A non-refundable $40 application fee. ($60 for international students.)
The application form will contain details on each component of the admissions portfolio.