IU East Fundraising Guidelines
Fundraising encompasses all events and activities where funds are raised or collected by an organization, excluding membership fees or dues. This includes the solicitation of goods, services, or monetary donations.
- Only student organizations registered with and recognized by the Office of Gift Development are allowed to engage in fundraising activities.
- All fundraising activities must be approved by the Office of Gift Development.
- A fundraising application must be submitted to the Office of Gift Development at least two weeks prior to the fundraising event in order to receive consideration.
- The Director of Marketing and Communications must approve fundraising activities involving the sale of products with the name and/or logo of Indiana University East prior to printing or production of the items.
- Bake sales, 50/50 drawings, and raffles are prohibited.
- A registered student organization is permitted to have three fundraisers per year, but no more than two fundraisers per semester.
- Fundraising activities are also subject to facility reservation requirements.
- Should two organizations request approval for the same or similar fundraising events during a semester, priority will be given to the organization that submitted the required application first.
- Upon receipt of the application the Office of Gift Development has 3 weeks to respond to the request.
The following suggestions are types of fundraisers which an organization may want to sponsor:
- Holiday sales – flowers on Valentine’s Day
- Plants, flowers, balloons
- Faculty/student Talent Show
- Candy grams
- Haunted house
- Brainstorm innovative ideas! How will your fundraiser “stand out” from all the rest?
- Make a fundraising plan! – determine your audience, create a goal, consider the time of year, list the resources needed, collaborate with others, plan creative advertising
- Notify the Office of Gift Development – turn in application
- Conduct your fundraiser and have some fun!
If you have specific questions about student organization fundraising guidelines, please contact the Office of Gift Development at 765-973-8331. Fundraising applications are available in the Office of Gift Development or Campus Life.