- Conference Theme: Women's and Gender Studies as a Site of Strength: Growth and Resilience
- Keynote, Live On Zoom: April 16, 2021, 1 p.m.
- Virtual Conference Site Open: April 16 - May 1, 2021
- Event Poster
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Denise Bullock
Talk Title: Managing the (Un)Becoming Body: A Transformative Identity Analysis of Gender Non-Conformity
Bio: Denise is a Professor of Sociology and Chair of Sociology, Anthropology, and Geography at Indiana University East. She was born and raised in rural areas of Southern Missouri. Denise returned to her home state of Missouri and attended the University of Missouri-Columbia for her Ph.D. in Sociology.
Theoretically, she is a symbolic interactionist and a postmodernist. Her primary research areas of emphasis are Sexualities; Identity; Gender; Social Inequality; Social Control and Deviance. Her current research focuses on gender and sexual identity transitions as well as continued research on early pornography.
Art Show on Virtual Conference Site
- Featured Artist: Carrie Longley
- Show Title: Femina Botanica
- Bio: Carrie Longley is a studio artist and educator. She is currently an Associate Professor of Fine Art at Indiana University East. She holds a BA in Studio Art from Wittenberg University and a MFA from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. Her artwork investigates the relationship between the art object and scientific specimen, celebrating the space between illusion and reality. She exhibits her work extensively throughout the United States and has received numerous awards including “Emerging Craftsman” from Ohio Designer Craftsman, “The Bobby Kadis Award” at the Penland School of Crafts, and the William and Dorothy Yeck “Young Sculptor’s Award.”