Dedicated to keeping everyone safe
We are here for you! IU East Faculty & Staff are committed to ensuring you receive an excellent educational experience this fall - in a safe and healthy environment.
President Michael McRobbie recently sent a message to the IU community explaining the plan for the 2020-21 academic year, and Chancellor Kathy Girten followed that up with a message specifically for the IU East community. Key takeaways include:
- The plan to welcome students to all IU campuses for the fall semester, with classes being delivered as a mix of on-campus and online.
- Fall semester will start on the planned date of August 24th.
- Some classes that were planned to be held on-campus will be moved online to maintain health and safety.
- Special precautions will be taken for classes, research, or projects that must be on-campus.
- All instruction after Thanksgiving week will be fully online.
No matter what mode of instruction you receive this fall – online, on-campus or hybrid – we are ready for you.
We know you may have questions. We've provided a number of Frequently Asked Questions and answers on this site, so please browse through the pages linked to below.
Check this website regularly for the latest information and developments regarding Fall 2020. Stay safe!