There are still 3 spots available ! (Last update: Dec 22, 2015)
HSS and the IUE campus are providing together $2,000 per student in scholarship money to ALL students registered in the class. The cost of the program if now only $1,800 and and there are additional competitive scholarships available too (see below for details).
France Study Abroad Program in Spring 2016
Interested in taking an online French culture class and in traveling to France next spring?
See below for more information on this wonderful opportunity to learn about French culture (FREN-F311), earn 3 credits towards your foreign language requirement, and travel through France for 10 days in May. Please note that you do NOT need to speak French to participate in this program.
For information on the program, see:
Procedure to Apply and Enroll
APPLICATION ARE STILL ACCEPTED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. THERE ARE STILL SPOTS AVAILABLE.
Deposit $50 fee (non-refundable) into the International Travel Account
|Tuesday, Nov 17*||Acceptance letter sent to selected participants (upon receiving this letter, you'll be allowed to register for the class)|
|Wednesday, Jan 13*||Deposit $1000 into the International Travel Account|
|End of February*||Final Payment is due|
* These are tentative dates.
-  Applications will be accepted past the deadline if there are still spots available. (Maximum number of participants is 12)
-  It will be refundable only if for some reason you are not being selected for the program, but not if you change your mind.
Letter of Intent
This letter needs to include:
- Your first & last name, email, Student ID#
- Two references (i.e. Name and contact information of an IU East full-time instructor I could contact if need be)
Points to address in the letter:
- Why do you want to study French culture?
- Why do you want to go to France?
- Why do you want to study abroad?
- How does this program fit into your academic and/or professional plans?
- See also David Starr Jordan Scholarship criteria that apply (see David Starr Jordan Guidelines)
For more information, please contact Prof. Julien Simon at email@example.com
(Last update: Monday, Dec 14)