Placement exams for Spanish, French, and German
Why should I take the test?
Save time and money by getting credit for prior learning!
- Most high school graduates in Indiana already have 2 to 4 years of foreign language study.
- Over $800 and 16 weeks saved!: Per 2019 fees, enrolling in a course you may not need will cost you $896.92. If you successfully test out, it would cost you only $86 and free up your schedule.
- It may reduce your time to graduation.
- It makes it easier to get a minor or major in a second language.
- You can take the test only once.
- You should take the test as soon as possible, while the prior language is still fresh, especially freshmen and transfer students.
- Study before the test using these review sheets: Spanish; French: German
- The placement test consists of a computerized exam (to be taken at the Testing Center or online via Zoom) contact Bob Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The exam includes both written and audio components.
- Official results and further information will be sent to your IU email address.
The day of the test
- No textbooks, dictionaries, cell phones are allowed.
- Indicate your IU email address.
- Can take in person or via Zoom from the comfort of your home!
Placement Exam for Other Languages
If you have knowledge of a language not listed here, you may complete a placement exam at any accredited institution. Those results should be sent to your academic advisor, who will contact WLC faculty for assessment.
Credit by Exam/Credentials/Experience Fee Structure
As mentioned, credit may be awarded as the result of examination. See this site for more information: Bursar Tuition & Fees.