UITS Support Center Consultants
Supprt Center Consultants provide technical assistance over the phone to IUE faculty, students and staff. Consultants are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. The available hours are Monday - Friday 8 am - 7 pm.
- Respond to questions in a thorough, careful, efficient manner, using proper spelling and grammar and a kind, helpful tone.
- Refer all unresolved problems to an appropriate specialist.
- Develop and maintain awareness of the IT organizational and technical environment, including hardware, software, publications, and user concerns.
- Document all incoming requests into Footprints Incident Tracking System, maintain correct, detail, and up to date information.
- Participate in required training and meetings. Continuously develop technical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, along with the ability to interact courteously with the entire university community at all levels of technical and organizational sophistication
- Demonstrated problem-solving and diagnostic ability
- Familiarity with a variety of software applications in common use at IU East
- Motivation and confidence to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Support Center Consultants are paid $10.15 per hour. Indiana University temporary employees are paid on an hourly, bi-weekly basis, with no remission of academic fees and no commitment to continuous employment.