Borrowing from Other Libraries
Most libraries, including ours, are able to borrow books from other libraries nationwide through a service called Inter-library Loan.We use a system called "ILLiad 2.0" to facilitate this process. You can check out our borrowing policies and guidelines here.
I Need a Book or Article I found in IUCAT
If you need a book that is not available at the IU East Campus Library, but is at another Indiana University Library:
- Log in to IUCAT and find the book you need.
- Select REQUEST DELIVERY on the right side of the item screen within IUCAT.
- Be sure to select EAST as the campus where you want the book to be delivered.
You will be notified through your IU email account when it is received.
Articles & Books Not on IUCAT
For articles or books not available in IUCAT, please fill out the ILLiad 2.0 form. If you would like to request an article found in one of our databases, the best way to request it is to use the link. Use Find-It to make sure the article you want is not availbe in another database before requesting it through ILLiad 2.0.
To create an account:
- Click on “Create Account” and fill out the form. You only need to fill this form out once.
- Click on "Create Request" and select request type: Article, Book, or Other.
- Enter the article citation or book information in the form. Be sure to click on the “submit” button for each request.
- Login to the patron portal to monitor, view, and manage your requests.
All requests require that you follow the copyright guidelines. For more information about copyright or how to use ILLiad 2.0, please visit our libguide Interlibrary Loan. As an IU EAST student, staff, or faculty member, you may borrow materials from libraries outside Indiana University without charge.
Community patrons should contact Morrisson-Reeves Library about placing any interlibrary loan requests.
How long does it take?
You will need to allow 7 to 10 working days for your request to be filled. You may check to see if the item has arrived by calling 765-973-8204 or by asking at the Circulation Desk. You will receive an email when your request has arrived.
After the book arrives, you will have 10 days to pick up items held for you at the Library's Circulation Desk. After that time, the item will be returned to the lending library.