Indiana University East will host “Homecoming 2018: From Pioneers to the Pack” November 2-10. Alumni, friends and the campus community are invited to participate in activities and events throughout the week. This year’s theme celebrates the 10th anniversary the campus mascot became Rufus the Red Wolf, and the pack referred to as the Red Wolves.
Homecoming 2018 begins on Friday, November 2, with the women’s basketball First Bank Richmond Classic held on Lingle Court in the Student Events Center. The Red Wolves play at 4 p.m. on Friday. The classic continues on Saturday, November 3, with the Red Wolves playing at 2 p.m. During halftime, the Homecoming Royalty Court will be announced.
Monday Madness is on Monday, November 5. This student event is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Springwood Hall Graf Center. Students will enjoy free food and receive their Homecoming long-sleeved shirt (while shirts last).
The Talent Show is at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6, in Vivian Auditorium. The Talent Show features student acts. The campus community and alumni are welcome to attend.
On Wednesday, November 7, is Pride in the Pack day. Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to wear Red Wolves gear and celebrate Rufus’ birthday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Whitewater Hall Lobby. Celebrate with cupcakes, hot dog bar, games and IU East giveaways. The campus community is encouraged to gather at 12:45 p.m. for a group photo.
The annual Bonfire will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, November 8, behind Hayes Hall. During the bonfire, IU East will crown the Homecoming Royalty. The Bonfire is a student event.
Also on Thursday, the second annual IU East Alumni Circle Gathering will be held from 5:30-7:50 p.m. in the First Bank Richmond Community Room, located in Whitewater Hall. The IU East Alumni Legacy Circle recognizes families for making an Indiana University education part of their family tradition.
The Legacy Circle program is offered to encourage pride in students who are children and/or grandchildren of IU East graduates. Generations of families have passed on the tradition, and we celebrate this special relationship. Any student who has at least one parent, grandparent, or step-parent/grandparent who is an alumnus/alumnae of IU East can join the Legacy Circle. Members will be acknowledged at an annual pinning ceremony recognizing their multi-generational commitment to IU East. Sign up now to be recognized as an official IU East Legacy Family and you can join us for the official pinning ceremony and reception during Homecoming week. For more information about the IU East Alumni Legacy Circle, visit iue.edu/alumni/legacycircle.
Homecoming will conclude with the men’s basketball First Bank Richmond Classic November 9-10 on Lingle Court. The men’s basketball team plays at 5 p.m. on Friday, November 9.
The tournament continues Saturday, November 10, with the Red Wolves playing at 3 p.m.
Also on November 10, IU East will host Pioneers Night during the classic. IU East Athletics will honor three alumni who have received NAIA All-America honors including Tia King ‘18, Lucas Huffman ‘18 and Jacoby Claypool ‘18.
King, of Indianapolis, received the All-America honor in 2016, 2017 and 2018. She played guard for the women’s basketball team and reached 2,566 career points.
Huffman, also from Indianapolis, played guard for the men’s team. He received All-America honors in 2016 and 2018. He marked 1,477 career points with the Red Wolves.
Claypool, of Fort Wayne, received All-America honors in 2017. He reached 1,222 career points.
King, Claypool and Huffman’s jerseys will join Red Wolf All-Americans including Tyler Rigby ‘12; Lauren Crump, ‘13; Breezy Strete ‘13; Tyler Fangman ‘15; and Mallory Livingston ’15. The All-American jerseys are on display in the Nasser Paydar Classroom, located in the Student Events Center.
Admission for the men’s and women’s basketball First Bank Richmond Classic is $5 per day. For the full First Bank Richmond Classic schedules, visit iueredwolves.com.
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 2
- First Bank Richmond Classic: Women’s basketball vs. Southeastern University, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 4 p.m.
Saturday, November 3
- First Bank Richmond Classic: Women’s basketball vs. Lindsey Wilson College, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 2 p.m.
- Homecoming Royalty Court Announced at halftime of the women’s basketball game.
Monday, November 5
- Monday Madness, Graf Center, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Student event. Long-sleeve shirt giveaway and free food.
- Faculty and staff can pick up their Homecoming shirts from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Office of External Affairs, located in Springwood Hall Room 103.
Tuesday, November 6
- Talent Show, Vivian Auditorium, 7 p.m. Campus event.
Wednesday, November 7
- Pride in the Pack: Faculty, staff, and students wear their Red Wolves gear and celebrate Rufus’ birthday, Whitewater Hall Lobby, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cupcakes, hot dog bar, giveaways and games.
- Campus Community group photo, 12:45 p.m., Whitewater Hall Lobby.
Thursday, November 8
- Bonfire, behind Hayes Hall, 7 p.m. Homecoming Royalty Crowning. Free food. Student event.
- IU East Alumni Legacy Circle Gathering, 5:30-7:30 p.m., First Bank Richmond Community Room, located in Whitewater Hall. RSVP to Terry Wiesehan, director of Alumni Relations and Campus Events, at email@example.com or call 765-973-8221. Alumni event.
Friday, November 9
- First Bank Richmond Classic: Men’s basketball vs. University of Michigan-Dearborn, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 5 p.m.
Saturday, November 10
- First Bank Richmond Classic: Men’s basketball vs. University of Michigan-Dearborn, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 3 p.m.
- Pioneer Night All-American Presentation: IU East Athletics will present NAIA All-American jerseys of Tia King, Jacoby Claypool and Lucas Huffman.
- Women’s basketball vs. University of Saint Francis, Lingle Court, 5 p.m.