Indiana University East is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC). The HLC’s next comprehensive evaluation of IU East will take place in 2021-22. In the fall of 2015, Indiana University East successfully completed the mid-cycle assurance argument as part of our ongoing accreditation obligations for the Higher Learning Commission. With this, the university is on track for a full review in 2021-22.
IU East has been an accredited institution of higher education since 1971. The HLC is one of six accrediting agencies in the United States that provide institutional accreditation on a regional basis. The HLC accredits over 1,000 institutions in a nineteen-state region, and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604
- Business Administration (BSBA and MSM), School of Business and Economics, Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Education (BS Elementary and Secondary), School of Education, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Nursing (B.S.N.), School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Nursing (M.S.N.), School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Social Work (B.S.W. and M.S.W.), School of Social Work, Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)