Indiana University East will host “Homecoming 2019: Pack to the Future” November 1-8. Alumni, friends and the campus community are invited to participate in activities and events throughout the week.
Homecoming events are sponsored by the IU East Office of Campus Life, First Bank Richmond, Reid Health, The Annex and G101.3.
Homecoming 2019 begins on Friday, November 1, with the women’s basketball First Bank Richmond Classic held on Lingle Court in the Student Events Center (SEC). The Red Wolves play at 2 p.m. on Friday. The volleyball team will have a match in the SEC at 7 p.m.
The Classic continues on Saturday, November 2, with the Red Wolves playing at 4 p.m. At halftime, IU East Athletics will honor alumna Breanna “Bre” Nowak, the school’s first NAIA golf All-American. Nowak, of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, was a member of the women’s golf team and received the honors in May 2018. Nowak’s jersey will join Red Wolf All-Americans including Tyler Rigby ’12; Lauren Crump, ’13; Breezy Strete ’13; Tyler Fangman ’15; Mallory Livingston ’15, Tia King ’18, Lucas Huffman, ’18 and Jacoby Claypool ’18. The All-American jerseys are on display in the Nasser Paydar Classroom, located in the Student Events Center.
Red Wolves volleyball will host a match at noon on Lingle Court. The men’s and women’s soccer teams will play at Centerville High School, 507 Willow Grove Road, Centerville, Indiana. The women’s game begins at 1 p.m. followed by the men’s at 3:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Monday Madness is on Monday, November 4. This student event is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Springwood Hall Graf Center. Students will enjoy free food and receive their Homecoming t- shirt (while shirts last).
IU East will dedicate an IU Bicentennial Historic Marker and a State Historic Marker on Tuesday, November 5. The dedication ceremony will be from 10-11 a.m. in front of Whitewater Hall. The IU Bicentennial Marker will be placed in John & Patricia Ryan’s Rose Walkway in front of Whitewater Hall, IU East’s first building on campus. The State Historic Marker will also be located at the Whitewater Hall entrance to the right of the walkway. Parking will be available for visitors in the Whitewater Hall parking lot.
Also on Nov. 5, the men’s and women’s basketball teams will have games at the SEC. The women’s game is at 5 p.m. and the men’s game is at 7 p.m. During halftime, the Homecoming Court will be announced.
On Wednesday, November 6, it’s Wear Wolf Wednesday. Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to wear Red Wolves gear. Also that day, it’s Pride in the Pack from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Whitewater Hall Lobby. Students, faculty and staff can enjoy free food, games and giveaways. The campus community is encouraged to gather at 12:15 p.m. for a group photo.
A blood drive will be held on campus from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, November 8, in the Springwood Hall Gym.
Later that night, the annual Bonfire will be held at 7 p.m. behind Hayes Hall. During the bonfire, IU East will crown the Homecoming Royalty. The Bonfire is a student event.
Homecoming will conclude with a Wolf Creek Habitat Visit from 6-9 p.m. in Brookville, Indiana. Students can watch the wolves for free. RSVP with Campus Life at email@example.com.
Admission for the women’s basketball First Bank Richmond Classic is $7 per day. For the full First Bank Richmond Classic schedule, visit iueredwolves.com. Admission fee to volleyball matches is also $7. Admission to soccer games is free.
Schedule of Events
Friday, November 1
- First Bank Richmond Classic: Women’s basketball vs. Madonna University, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 2 p.m.
- Volleyball vs. West Virginia Institute of Technology, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 7 p.m.
Saturday, November 2
- Volleyball vs. University of Rio Grande, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, noon. Senior Day.
- Women’s soccer vs. West Virginia Institute of Technology, Centerville High School, 507 Willow Grove Road, Centerville, Indiana.1 p.m. Senior Day.
- Men’s soccer vs. West Virginia Institute of Technology, Centerville High School, 3:30 p.m. Senior Day.
- First Bank Richmond Classic: Women’s basketball vs. Aquinas College, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 4 p.m.
Monday, November 4
- Monday Madness: Graf Center, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Student event. T- shirt giveaway and free food.
- Faculty and staff can pick up their Homecoming shirts from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Office of External Affairs, located in Springwood Hall Room 103.
Tuesday, November 5
- IU Bicentennial Marker and State Historical Marker Dedication, 10 a.m., Whitewater Hall, John and Patricia Ryan Rose Walkway. Community event.
- Women’s basketball vs. Thomas More College, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 5 p.m.
- Men’s basketball vs. Huntington University, Lingle Court, Student Events Center, 7 p.m.
- Homecoming Royalty Court Announced at halftime of the men’s basketball game.
Wednesday, November 6
- Wear Wolf Wednesday: Faculty, staff, and students wear their Red Wolves gear.
- Pride in the Pack: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Whitewater Hall Lobby. Free food, games and giveaways.
- Campus Community Group Photo: 12:15 p.m., Whitewater Hall Lobby.
Thursday, November 7
- Blood Drive: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Springwood Hall Gym.
- Bonfire, behind Hayes Hall, 7:30 p.m. Homecoming Royalty Crowning. Free food. Student event.
Friday, November 8
- Wolf Creek Habitat Visit: 6-9 p.m., Free to watch the wolves, 3 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.