White coats. Test tubes. Equations. These are all a part of the world of natural science and mathematics, but there is much more. You might be interested in our degree programs if you’re observant, detail oriented, curious about the world around you, and how things/people work and interact.
We offer degrees and programs in Biochemistry, Biology, Human Life Science, Mathematics, Sustainability Studies, and General Studies.
Students in the School of Natural Science and Mathematics enjoy:
- Modern techniques and research facilities including:
- UV-Visible spectrophotometry (UV-V)
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometer (GC-MS)
- Atomic absorption spectrometry (AA)
- Fourier transform infrared spectrometry (FTIR)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Computer based laboratory sensors
- Many opportunities to pursue independent research projects in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, physics and the environmental sciences, frequently leading to publications and presentations.
- Practical experience through service-based learning and internships, with certification in laboratory science.
- Personal attention from faculty including opportunities to experience working one-on-one with a faculty mentor.