Prepare for a Career in Nursing with an Indiana University Degree
Nursing is one of the nation’s fastest-growing, most in-demand professions. Nurses combine their scientific knowledge with a compassionate approach as they provide a range of services from caring for critically ill patients to teaching new mothers how to care for their babies.
At the School of Nursing and Health Sciences at IU East you can earn a bachelor’s degree in nursing in a hands-on, creative learning environment. You’ll learn crucial nursing skills in an up-to-date clinical learning laboratory using the latest technology, including SimMan, a universal patient simulator that reflects real-life clinical situations, and Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs). When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to practice in a wide range of nursing specialties from acute and long-term care to public health and wellness education.
Now accepting applications for the RN to BSN Mobility Option
The application process has changed. The application process is now completed online. Please click here, read and follow all directions provided. Be sure to check the application deadline date for session you will be applying for.
BSN Applications are now closed
The application period is now closed. The next application cycle will begin in January 2019.
Focus Group & Free Dinner!
Are you an ASN degree holder or an RN (non-BSN)? We want to hear from you! Tell us what you would want from a BSN program, and we'll buy you dinner. We'll be hosting these dinners at 6 different locations.
- May 21st, 6-7:30 p.m.: Firehouse BBQ & Blues, 400 North 8th Street, Richmond, IN 47374
- May 22nd, 6-7:30 p.m.: Referee's Bar & Grille, 888 E Washington St, Winchester, IN 47394
- May 23rd, 6-7:30 p.m.: Primo (Italian), 1326 Broad St, New Castle, IN 47362
- May 29th, 6-7:30 p.m.: The Falls Restaurant, 1650 Clifty Hollow Rd, Clifty Falls State Park, Madison, IN 47250
- May 30th, 6-7:30 p.m.: Whiskey's Restaurant, 334 Front St, Lawrenceburg, IN 47025
- May 31st, 6-7:30 p.m.: El Caballo Blanco, 419 E 5th St, Connersville, IN 47331
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (and RN to BSN mobility option) program is accredited by:
Indiana State Board of Nursing
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Indiana Government Center South
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Phone (317) 234-2043
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Phone (404) 975-5000
Fax (404) 975-5020