Application Process / Admission Requirements
There are two applications needed to pursue a degree in nursing.
First, you must apply through the Office of Admissions. Once admitted, you will work with a pre-nursing advisor for program planning.
Second, each spring semester, the application for the BSN program is available on the IUE School of Nursing and Health Sciences’ website. Your application must be submitted online. You must submit a completed application by March 1.
Students interested in applying:
- You must be admitted through the IUE Office of Admissions.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.7 (4.0 Scale) for all courses attempted.
- Minimum Nursing GPA (NGPA) of 3.0.
- Complete required general education coursework (listed below) or equivalent with a C or better. C- is not acceptable and is considered failing. You may have the option to repeat failed courses, provided that the course is passed with a "C" or better on the second attempt.
- Adequate Math Skills required.
Minimum pre-requisite courses needed to apply:
- BIOL-L 102 Intro to Biological Sciences II (4 cr)
- MICR-J 200/201 Microbiology and Immunology with Lab
- ENG-W 131 English Composition I (3 cr)
- ENG-W 231 English Composition II (3 cr)
- SPCH-S 121 Public Speaking (3 cr)
- PSY-P 103 General Psychology (3 cr)
- SOC-S 100 Introduction to Sociology (3 cr)
- MATH-N 111 Mathematics for Nursing (3 cr)
- Elective (3 cr)
Students must complete at least two semesters of chemistry in high school with a grade C or better OR take any college level chemistry class (3 credits minimum, (e.g., CHEM-C 100 (3 cr), CHEM-C 101 (3 cr), CHEM-N 100 (4 cr), CHEM-C 105 (3 cr); lab is optional). Chemistry must be completed before Junior year.