Margaret A. Thomas Evans
Whitewater Hall 275
- PhD – Technical Communication and Composition, Miami University, Oxford, OH
- MA – English, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- BA – English, Lancaster University, Lancaster, England
Current Research Interests
Leadership, managing online distance education programs, online teaching practices, and women, rhetoric and technology
Current Teaching Interests
Graduate Composition Studies, Technical Writing, Digital Writing and Technical Editing
- Thomas-Evans, Margaret, Carrie Longley, & Mengie Parker. "Strategies for Writing a Self-Study and Conducting a Site Review." The Department Chair, vol. 29, no. 2, 2018, pp. 15-16.
- Moneypenny, Dianne, Margaret Thomas-Evans, & Amanda Kraha. “Students Perceptions of and Attitudes Towards Peer Review.” The American Journal of Distance Education (forthcoming).
- Thomas Evans, Margaret. “Women Students Making Connections Through Community Writing Internships.” Experience: Practice and Theory. Spring 2018, pp. 31-49.
- Thomas-Evans, M., Petersheim, S., & Helton, E. “Facilitating Online Learning through Discussions in the English Classroom: Tools for Success and Stumbling Blocks to Avoid.” In Ross C. Alexander (ed.) Best Practices in Online Teaching and Learning across Academic Disciplines. Fairfax, VA: George Mason University Press. 2017, pp. 39-55.
- “Digital Learner Interactions: The Work of Online Community Building Via Groups in Graduate Courses” with Travis Rountree, Leigh Neu & Heather Minton, Thomas R. Watson Conference on Rhetoric and Composition, Louisville, KY October 2018
- “Rural Women’s Activism: The Powerful Impact of the Resolutions and Campaigns of the National Federation of Women’s Institutes of England, Wales, and the Islands” Rural Women’s Studies Association Conference, Athens, OH May 2018
- “Strategies for Writing a Self-Study and Conducting a Site Review” with Carrie Longley and Mengie Parker, Academic Chairpersons Conference, Orlando, FL February 2018
- “Wasting Oil Paint: Student Blogs in a Digital Writing Course” with Whitney Reeves, Digital Poster, College Composition and Communication Conference, Portland, OR March 2017
- "Seizing the Opportunity: Creating a Chair Development Network" with Natalia Rybas and Carrie Longley, Academic Chairpersons Conference, Charleston, SC February 2016
Office Held in International Professional Organization
- Newsletter Editor, Rural Women’s Studies Association, 2018 - present
- Secretary, Rural Women’s Studies Association, 2011 - 2018
Selected Previous Employment Positions
- Visiting Instructor of English, Miami University, Hamilton, OH
August 1998 – June 2002
- Instructor of English, Wilberforce University, Wilberforce, OH
August 1996 – May 1998
- Part-time Faculty, Sinclair Community College, Dayton, OH
January 1991 – December 1996