How to get verification of your IU East Enrollment
At some point, you may need to prove your current or past enrollment status as an IU East student. You may need this verification for several reasons, including:
- Getting or keeping insurance (for example, to get a good student discount on car insurance or to stay on your parents’ health insurance)
- Getting or keeping certain GI bill benefits
- Deferring your loans until after you graduate
- Informing employers or screening firms of your education
- Responding to calls for jury duty
You can use the Enrollment Verification Certificate in One.IU to print your own enrollment certification and check loan deferment information that has been sent automatically to your lenders. IU East has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to make this information available.
You won’t be able to get your enrollment verification if there are any holds on your account. If you have questions about enrollment verifications, contact the Office of the Registrar.
Note that an enrollment verification isn’t official until the beginning of the second week of the term, after the 100% refund period ends. Good student verifications will be available approximately three weeks after a term ends.