The Indiana University EAST academic year is divided into three terms (i.e., semesters):
- Fall (August to December)
- Spring (January to May)
- Summer (May to August)
Term / Semester Calendars ** Specific to IU East **
|Spring 2019||Spring 2020|
|Summer 2018||Summer 2019||Summer 2020|
|Fall 2018||Fall 2019||Fall 2020|
Indiana University Common Calendar (Fall & Spring)
Indiana University had not historically shared common calendar dates across the seven campuses throughout the state. As a result, campuses had different refund policies, financial aid disbursement rules, drop/add issues, and other processing variations which resulted in many inefficiencies in the service that was provided to students, faculty, and staff. The benefits of setting select common calendar dates on all IU campuses, for Fall and Spring terms, include the ability to better facilitate multi-campus students and faculty.
In April of 2014, the IU Board of Trustees approved these select common calendar dates for implementation in the Fall 2014 term and beyond.
The common IU calendar established the following select dates for the Fall and Spring terms...
- First day of classes
- Census date (i.e., official enrollment date)
- 100% refund date -- end of first week
- 75% refund date -- end of second week
- 50% refund date -- end of third week
- 25% refund date -- end of fourth week
- Last day to drop classes and receive an automatic "W" grade
What dates are still unique to individual campuses?
- sessions within the semester
- fall and spring breaks
- non-standard and weekend class sessions may begin earlier or end later than the common semester dates, as determined by the individual campus
|Fall 2017||Fall 2016||Fall 2015|
|Spring 2018||Spring 2017||Spring 2016|
|Summer 2017||Summer 2016|
|Fall 2014||Fall 2013||Fall 2012|
|Spring 2015||Spring 2014||Spring 2013|
|Summer 2015||Summer 2014||Summer 2013|