Immunization - Your role in creating a safer, healthier IU
Indiana law (IC 21-40-5) requires students on residential campuses to provide proof of their immunization status.
Though it is not required, it is recommended that regional campus students comply with the IU immunization policy.
In an effort to promote a healthier campus, Indiana University has partnered with Med+Proctor to collect and review immunization information for our students. Students taking at least one class on the Bloomington or Indianapolis campuses are required to submit immunization records to Med+Proctor. Bloomington and/or IUPUI students must complete the IU Immunization Policy requirements before they can enroll for subsequent semesters. Students on other IU campuses (such as IU East) are not required, but are encouraged to complete their immunization record to avoid being prevented from attending classes should an outbreak occur. Please note that students who are enrolled in all online-only classes are exempt from IU Immunization Policy requirements.
Student Compliance via One.IU
- Log into One.IU
- Type "immunization" in the Search Box
- Select Immunization Compliance (Med+Proctor)
- Step-by-Step Guide
To comply, you will need to provide proof of immunization OR documents as to why you could NOT be immunized. A summary of the process is listed below:
- Upload supporting documentation of immunizations for the following diseases:
- Measles (requires two doses, usually received as MMR)
- Rubella (German measles, requires two doses, usually received as MMR)
- Mumps (requires two doses, usually received as MMR)
- Meningitis ACWY required for students under age 22 (meningococcal disease caused by serogroups A, C, W, and Y)
- Tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- Varicella (requires two immunizations that will need to be uploaded separately)
- Meningitis B two doses are recommended, though not required, for students under age 24 (meningococcal disease caused by serogroup B)
If applicable, you may instead provide one of the following pieces of documentation:
- physician’s written statement of immunity due to having had the infection
- statement of contraindication to a vaccine (accompanied by a physician’s statement)
- a lab titer test documenting immunity
- a signed statement of religious exemption
- International students must also provide signed medical documentation that they have been tested for tuberculosis in the United States, the date the test was performed, and the results of the test, or submit to a test shortly after arrival. If you are submitting documentation, you will be able to use an electronic file upload when completing your immunization compliance data. US Citizens, Naturalized Citizens, and Permanent Residents are exempt from the tuberculosis requirement.
State of Indiana Official Immunization Records may be available for Indiana residents via self-service through MyVaxIndiana. The information provided by MyVaxIndiana is supplied by the Children and Hoosier’s Immunization Registry Program (CHIRP). For more information visit the MyVaxIndiana website or contact the following:
MyVaxIndiana Email: MyVaxIndiana@isdh.in.gov
CHIRP Help Desk Email: CHIRP@isdh.in.gov
CHIRP Help Desk Support: 1-888-227-4439
Consult your respective state's immunization registry program. For a list of registry programs by state, go here.
Immunization Help Desk
Got questions, please call the IU Health Center at (812) 855-5005.