Registrar & Student Records

Indiana University East Academic Policies


Indiana University East is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604; or 1-800-621-7440.

Academic Standards

Good Standing

The minimum standard for academic good standing at Indiana University East is a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0, or a C average.

Chancellor’s List

The Chancellor’s List is tabulated each semester for full-time students and includes the following:

  • Any student in good standing at the conclusion of the semester, who took at least twelve (12) credit hours of graded coursework and who attained a 4.0 grade point average in that semester.

Dean’s List

The Dean’s List is tabulated each semester for full-time students and includes the following:

  • Any student in good standing at the conclusion of the semester who completed at least twelve (12) credit hours of graded coursework and who attained a grade point average of 3.50 or higher in that semester and does not qualify for the Chancellor’s List.
  • “Pass” (P) and “Satisfactory” (S) grades, while not used in GPA calculation, are considered passing grades and counted toward the 12-credit minimum requirement.
  • “Incomplete” (I) and “Deferred” (R) grades, while not used in the GPA calculation, are not considered passing grades and are therefore not counted toward the 12-credit minimum requirement.
  • For part-time students, an annual Dean’s List is tabulated at the conclusion of the summer semester. It includes any student in good standing during the academic year who completed at least twelve (12) credit hours of graded coursework on a part-time basis over Fall, Spring and/or Summer and who accumulated a grade point average of 3.50 or higher in those semesters. May graduates are eligible.

Graduating with Academic Distinction

To graduate with academic distinction, baccalaureate degree candidates must:

  • Rank within the highest 10% of the graduating class of their respective school,
  • Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at Indiana University, and
  • Meet the IU cumulative GPA criteria outlined below:


GPA Range

Cord Colors


3.70 - 3.799


High Distinction

3.80 - 3.899


Highest Distinction

3.90 - 4.000

Crimson & Cream

Candidates who are awarded academic distinction in general scholarship are distinguished by crimson and cream fourrageres, which are looped cords worn from the left shoulder during the commencement exercise. Fourrageres with crimson and cream cords indicate "highest distinction;" those with all cream cords indicate "high distinction;" and those with all crimson cords indicate "distinction." Academic distinction is approved by the respective School Deans, and the cords are provided by the University. Academic distinction is recorded on the individual's diploma as a permanent testimonial of achievement.

Procedures for Determining Academic Distinction

  • Determine “10% of graduating baccalaureate degrees” (i.e. if graduating class = 400, 10% = 40).
  • Sort graduates by GPA, where IU cumulative GPA is equal to or greater than 3.700 (descending highest to lowest).
  • Sort where IU credit hours are equal to or greater than sixty (60).
    • Sort by schools.
  • Determine 10% of each school’s graduates (i.e., if Nursing has 90 graduates, then 10% = 9).
  • Dean’s verify & sign-off on their school’s academic distinction list.
  • Distribute academic distinction cords at commencement “rehearsal and/or commencement.”

Reference: Indiana University Academic Handbook, Grades and Grading Policy, Academic Distinction, University Faculty Council, April 26, 1983; November 27, 1984.

Academic Probation

A student whose semester grade point average at the end of a semester is below 2.00 will be placed on academic probation (academic hold, no impact). The student will remain on academic probation until both their semester and cumulative grade point average is 2.00 or above for two consecutive semesters.

Academic Dismissal - First Semester

Any undergraduate degree seeking student, (full or part-time) in their first semester at IU East, whose semester grade point average at the end of the semester is 0.00, will be academically dismissed. The student may appeal this dismissal to the Admissions and Academic Affairs Committee.

Academic Dismissal - Beyond First Semester

A student whose semester grade point average is below 2.00 for two consecutive semesters will be academically dismissed. The student may appeal this dismissal to the Admissions and Academic Affairs Committee.

Appeal of Dismissal

Students may appeal their academic dismissal to the Admissions and Academic Affairs Committee. Any appeal of dismissal must be made in writing and prior to the beginning of the semester in which the student wishes to enroll, according to a schedule established by the Dean of Students. The appeal should explain any extenuating circumstances that may have hindered academic performance and must offer a clear explanation for further study and schedule plans.

The Admissions and Academic Affairs Committee determines the conditions under which the student may re-enroll, depending on the severity of the student’s academic deficiency. Students who obtain permission to re-enroll will continue to be on probation. Sanctions may range from affirmation of the dismissal to permission to re-enroll.

The decision of the Admissions and Academic Affairs Committee is final.  

Grade Forgiveness (a.k.a. Fresh Start)

Students who are enrolled in an IU East undergraduate degree program (BUSE, EDUC, HSS, NSM, NURS) may petition for grade forgiveness if all of the following conditions are met:

  • Student has experienced a gap in enrollment of at least two (2) calendar years. THIS IS NEW! Prior to Fall 2019, the gap of enrollment must have been four (4) calendar years. Effective Fall 2019, the required gap of enrollment will be reduced to two (2) calendar years.
  • Student has since completed at least 12 credit hours of graded course work, at IU East, and has passed all courses with a GPA of at least 2.0.
  • Student has passed all IU East courses with an average GPA of at least 2.0 in the current enrollment period.
  • The student is pursuing their first baccalaureate degree.

This grade forgiveness policy applies to all IU East undergraduate degree programs. Programs in system-wide schools (e.g., SWK) are excluded, as are baccalaureate degree programs offered from other institutions (e.g., Purdue).

Scope of Grade Forgiveness

Grade forgiveness is only available for courses completed at Indiana University. 

Forgiveness is not available to students in all schools, such that a student granted forgiveness in one academic unit may or may not receive forgiveness if transferring to another academic unit.

Schools are not required to adopt the general campus policy. Schools retain the right to grant, qualify, or refuse grade forgiveness to their degree candidates. Schools may specify GPA requirements for degree conferral, including specifying a minimum cumulative GPA that may exclude grades forgiven under the general campus policy.

Schools retain the right to consider all records of student performance in determining admission to the School, granting of honors, and other matters.

Use of Grade Forgiveness

Grade forgiveness may be invoked only once.

Once granted, it cannot be revoked. Grade forgiveness will remove forgiven coursework from consideration in IU East degree programs, which permit this policy.

Students should utilize “grade forgiveness” for courses completed before re-enrollment and use “grade replacement” for courses completed after re-enrollment.

Students must obtain their advisor’s approval to exercise grade forgiveness, and student should exercise the option before applying for graduation. Schools may require additional approvals and conditions.

Effect of Grade Forgiveness

Grade Point Average

Once academic forgiveness has been granted, the student starts with a recalculated program GPA with no hours and no points from the forgiven period contributing to that GPA.

Forgiveness of “X”-ed courses

Academic forgiveness removes all academic (not disciplinary) consequences from coursework stemming from the forgiven semesters. The number of credit hours for which the “X” option has been applied will not include those courses for which this option had been exercised, but that have later been forgiven.


A student’s transcript should accurately reflect all of the student’s academic work. Transcripts of students who exercised academic forgiveness will reflect all grades. A statement on the student’s unofficial transcript and degree progress report will explain which grades have been excluded from the program GPA calculation.

Petitioning for Grade Forgiveness

Make an appointment with your advisor to review the Indiana University East academic grade forgiveness policy criteria and to discuss your options.

Assuming that you are eligible for academic forgiveness, complete the Petition for Academic Grade Forgiveness with your advisor’s assistance. Your academic advisor will forward your petition to the Office of Student Records (WZ 116) for final processing. The Office of Student Records will notify you when/if academic forgiveness is applied to your academic record.

Academic Year Class Duration

Standard 3 Credit Hour Class in a 16 Week Term/Semester:

  • 14 weeks of instruction
  • 1 week of finals
  • 1 week of breaks and/or holidays
  • Minimum of 2,100 instructional minutes

The standard length of a three-credit hour course is 50 minutes three times a week or 75 minutes twice a week. The standard length of a three-credit hour course, meeting only once a week, shall be 2 hours and 35 minutes, with a 12 minute break.

Morning Classes

M W F (3 x 50 = 150 min.)
8:00- 8:50, 9:00- 9:50, 10:00- 10:50, 11:00-11:50

M W or T R (2 x 75 = 150 min.)
8:00- 9:15, 9:30-10:45, 11:00-12:15
1 meeting / week (1 x 155 - 12 =143 min.)
8:00-10:35, 9:30-12:05

Afternoon Classes

M W F (3 x 50 = 150 min.)
12:00-12:50, 1:00-1:50, 2:00-2:50, 3:00-3:50, 4:00-4:50

M W or T R (2 x 75 = 150 min.)
12:30-1:45, 2:00-3:15, 3:30-4:45
1 meeting (1 x 155 - 12 = 143 min.) 12:30-3:05, 2:00-4:35

Evening Classes

M W or T R (2 x 75 = 150 min.)
5:30- 6:45, 7:00- 8:15, 8:30- 9:45
1 meeting (1 x 165 - 12 = 153 min.)
5:30- 8:15, 7:00- 9:45

Class Standing and Course Load

At Indiana University East, fulltime/ part-time enrollment status is determined based on the number of credit hours enrolled per semester:

Undergraduate Students

  • Full-time status = 12 or more credit hours
  • 3/4 time status = 9-11 credit hours
  • 1/2 time status = 6-8 credit hours
  • < 1/2 time = 1-5 credit hours

Graduate Students

  • Full-time status = 8 or more credit hours
  • 3/4 time status = 6-7 credit hours
  • 1/2 time status = 4-5 credit hours
  • < 1/2 time = 1-3 credit hours

Class Standing

Class standing is based on the number of credit hours you complete:

Class Standing

Credit Hours


< 30


>= 30 and < 60


>= 60 and < 90


>= 90

Course Load

Students may register for a single course or for a full course load. Students who register for 12 or more credit hours in a fall or spring semester, or 6 credits in a summer semester, are considered full-time students. Fulltime students should carry at least 15 credit hours during each semester of the regular academic year (i.e., each fall and spring term) if they expect to complete degree requirements within the usual 4-year time frame. Except with special permission, students are not permitted to enroll in more than 18 credit hours in the fall or spring and in no more than 9 credit hours during either of the two summer sessions. A 3.00 grade point average is generally required before such permission will be granted.

Changing of Major

In the academic life of many students, there comes a time when they feel the need to “change their major” or academic plan. At IU East, it is a relatively simple process to change one’s major. Students are encouraged to meet with both their current academic advisor, as well as an academic advisor in the program in which they are interested, prior to changing their major. Here are the steps to follow:

  • Pick up a “Change of Major Form” from your academic advisor or the Office of Student Records, Whitewater Hall, Rm 116.
  • Seek educational advice from your current academic advisor.
  • Take the “Change of Major Form” to your “new” academic advisor.
  • Bring the completed and signed “Change of Major Form” to the Office of Student Records (WZ 116) for processing.

For your convenience, and to eliminate step #1 above, we have put the “Change of Major Form” online at

Grading System Used

Faculty have the responsibility of evaluating a student’s performance in the courses they teach and assigning grades for these courses. They select grades from the list below and have the discretion of using or not using plus and minus grades.

The Registrar uses these grades to compute both a semester and cumulative grade point average (GPA).

Standard Letter Grading

These are used in GPA calculation.




4.0 (highest passing grade)






















0.7 (lowest passing grade)


0.0 (Failing)

Passing Grades

These are not used in GPA Calculation.







Non-Standard Grading

These are not used in GPA Calculation.






Deferred grade (for courses which may not be completed in one term)


Audited, no credit


Grade not yet submitted by Instructor.

Withdrawal from Course

These are not used in GPA Calculation. Only “W” will appear on transcript.




Withdrew after first week of classes.

Final Grade Policies

Viewing Final Grades

Indiana University East does not mail grades at the end of each term/ semester. Students who wish to view their grades online may do so through their One.IU portal.

  • Log into
  • In the search box, type “Grades”
  • Select “View Grades (SIS Student Center)”
  • Click the button

FN and FNN Grading

In compliance with University Faculty Council Policy (FN Non-Attendance, March 1999), faculty members are required to differentiate students who fail a class because they stopped attending from those who failed the class on merit.

FN Grade

The failing grade of FN is given to those students who initially attended the class but, at some point during the term, stopped attending and that was the basis for their failure. The grade of FN will be treated on the transcript in the same manner as the grade of F. FN and FNN grades may affect a student’s future eligibility for financial aid.

FNN Grade

If the student never attended the class, a grade of FNN is given. The grade of FNN will be treated on the transcript in the same manner as the grade of F.

“I” Grade Policy (Incomplete)

The grade of “I” (Incomplete) may be given to a student whose work in a course is satisfactory except that some terminal aspect of the course requirements has not been completed. The grade of “I” will only be given if the instructor has sufficient reason to believe that failure to complete the requirements of the course was beyond the student’s control and that it would be unjust to hold the student to the time limits normally fixed for completion of the required work.

By assigning an Incomplete, an instructor implicitly authorizes and requires the “I” grade to be automatically changed to an “F” at the end of the appropriate time period if that instructor does not otherwise act to remove or extend the “I”. Both the student and the instructor in whose course the student received the Incomplete will be notified of this change of grade. A student may not reenroll in a course in which the grade of record is currently an Incomplete.

Generally, the time allowed for the removal of an Incomplete is one calendar year from the date of its recording. It may, however, be less, if specified by the instructor.

Pass/Fail Option

The option that permits students to designate courses to be taken for either a Pass (P) or Fail (F) grade is available to all undergraduate students for a maximum of two elective courses. The course selected for P/F must be an elective; it may not be used to satisfy requirements for institutional or degree programs. Students must file a P/F option request within the first three weeks of a fall or spring semester, or the first two weeks of a summer session. Students should consult with the academic advisor and school dean prior to submitting the P/F option request. The school dean is responsible for determining the elective nature of the course and signing the request form. Once approved, the P/F option request form is forwarded to the Office of Student Records for processing.

Instructors will not be notified of those students registering for the P/F option. A final letter grade will be submitted by the instructor and any grade other than an F, FN, or FNN will be converted to P. A grade of P is not counted in computing grade point averages; however, a grade of F is included in that average.

Students taking courses on the IU East campus, but completing their degree program on another IU campus or on the Purdue University campus, should adhere to the P/F policy and transfer credit policy of that campus.

Auditing a Course

Courses may be taken on an official “audit” basis. No credit will be given for the course; the audited course will be indicated on the student’s transcript with a grade of NC. The student must discuss course work expectations with the instructor and it is up to the instructor to approve or not approve the student’s request to audit the course.

Applying for an Audit

New students must apply for admission to the University by submitting the application for admission and application fee. High school and college transcripts are required if the student intends to pursue a degree program.

Students may register to audit a course during any of the regular registration periods.

Students considering this option should discuss it carefully with their academic advisor to see if this is the best choice or if another grading option, such as pass/fail, may be more appropriate.

Schools, in some cases, do not allow students to register for a class for credit after taking it on an audit basis. Consult with your advisor prior to making the decision to audit a course.

Cost of Auditing

Courses taken for audit do not apply toward any academic degree and do not count as part of a student’s full-time or part-time course load for purposes of financial aid or for loan deferments. Tuition for an audited course is the same as that for a credit course.

Changing from Audit to Credit

Course work transcripted as “NC” may not subsequently be changed to credit. Any change from audit to credit, or vice-versa, must be completed during the first week of classes during the Fall or Spring terms, or prior to the second class meeting during a Summer session. The signature of the instructor is required for this change of enrollment.

Any school or department has the option to exclude auditors from a particular course or remove auditors during the first week of the semester in order to permit credit seeking students to enroll. In such cases, the auditor will receive a 100% refund of fees.

The instructor or school dean (or designated representative) must grant permission allowing a student to audit a class.

Military Credit, Prior Learning Assessments, Credit by Examination, and Special Fee Structure

Military Credit

Veterans of military service or active military personnel are eligible for academic credit as a result of their military training and experience. The university follows the provisions of the American Council on Education's Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services in granting credit. Copies of official discharge, separation papers, or transcripts must be submitted as a basis for granting credit. Evaluation of service credit is administered by the Office of Admissions. More information is available at

Prior Learning Assessment (PLA)

In order for a student to receive PLA credit, they must be an admitted student of IU East. It is the student’s responsibility to provide evidence of their prior learning based on the policy of the department or the school from which they are applying for credit. Students may only receive PLA credit for classes in the IU curriculum.  Remedial classes may not be used for PLA credit.  PLA credits may not count toward any residency requirements unless prior approval is granted by the school awarding the degree. While PLA credits will appear on the student’s transcript, only a “pass” grade will appear and will not be included in the student’s grade point average.  Each School sets the criteria for prior learning within each major including which courses are eligible for portfolio or other PLA credit.

Credit by Examination

IU East will accept test scores from AP Exams, CLEP Exams, DSST Exams and Excelsior Exams.  For AP or CLEP test scores, students will need to contact the College Board and request a copy of their scores to be sent directly to the Office of Admissions. A complete listing of AP Exams, CLEP Exams, and DSST Exams and test score requirements accepted at IU East are available on the IU East web site: Upon receipt of documents the Transfer Coordinator will evaluate and notify the student of any transfer credit that has been awarded and will post it to the student’s IU transcript.  Individual departments may also have specific exams that allow students to waive or receive credit for specific course work.

Special Credit Fee Structure

If credit is awarded as the result of an examination: (a) during the first or second consecutive semester of matriculation, there is no charge; (b) if credit is awarded and you are a first semester transfer student there is a $21.00 per credit hour charge; (c) if you are neither (a) nor (b), then you will pay the standard per semester fee at the appropriate resident or nonresident rate.

There is a charge for the development and assessment of the portfolio if students seek portfolio credit.

Grade Appeal Policy

Student Appeal Process

Most course grade appeals can be resolved informally between instructor and student; however, a formal appeal can be initiated through the following grade appeals process.  Students may request face-to-face meetings at any time during this process. Decisions at any level are separate and apart from an earlier decision. Special consideration can be given if severe circumstances prohibit the student from following the time frames listed below (e.g. military deployment or catastrophic illness).

Step One: Appeal to Instructor

  • Initiate within 10 business days after course grade is posted.
  • Contact Instructor in writing to attempt to resolve the matter amicably.
  • The appeal may proceed to Step Two if an amicable resolution could not be reached or the instructor does not respond within 10 business days of student’s initial contact.

Step Two: Appeal to Dean of School

  • Initiate within 10 business days upon conclusion of Step One.
  • Contact Dean in writing, including the following:
    • Student’s name
    • Student’s ID number
    • Student’s correct mailing address
    • Name of course and number
    • Full name of instructor
    • The assigned grade
    • The date “Appeal to Instructor” was initiated and its result.
    • Course syllabus
    • An argument, which demonstrates a valid reason that the instructor would be obligated to assign a better grade, which should include an analysis of relevant evidence.
      • Relevant evidence may include: final exam, assignment instructions, and/or student’s electronic gradebook, and/or copies of previous communications with instructor, and/or witness testimony
  • The Dean may appoint a faculty designee of the school to review the appeal.
  • The Dean or designee may require additional documentation.

Step Three: Appeal to Admissions & Academic Affairs Committee (AAA)

  • Initiate within 10 business days upon conclusion of Step Two.
  • Prepare formal letter addressed to:
    • Admissions & Academic Affairs Committee
      Office of Academic Affairs
      Indiana University East
      2325 Chester Blvd., Richmond, IN 47374
  • The letter should contain the following:
    • Student’s name
    • Student’s ID number
    • Student’s correct mailing address
    • Name of course and number
    • Full name of instructor
    • The assigned grade
    • The date “Appeal to Instructor” was initiated and result
    • The date “Appeal to Dean of School” was initiated and result
    • Course syllabus
    • An argument, which demonstrates a valid reason that the Dean’s decision should be reviewed, which should include an analysis of relevant evidence.
      • Relevant evidence may include: final exam, assignment instructions, and/or student’s electronic gradebook, and/or copies of previous communications with instructor and/or Dean, and/or witness testimony.
  • AAA may require additional documentation.
  • The decision of AAA will be final.

Faculty Appeal Procedure:

Instructor/Dean (or designee)

  • Responds to student’s appeal within 10 business days of date of student contact.
  • Gives consideration for equitable treatment of all students within the course.
  • May contact anyone relevant to this process or request additional documentation.
  • Takes appropriate action.
  • Documents the appeal decision.
  • Is available for further contact by AAA.

Academic Affairs Procedure:

AAA Committee

  • Reviews appeal at next scheduled meeting.
  • Gives consideration to all relevant material.
  • May contact anyone relevant to this process or request additional documentation.
  • Takes appropriate action.
  • Sends certified letter to inform the student of final decision.

Passed by IU East Faculty Senate: 12/07/04, Revised 05/04/10, Revised 02/05/19

Grade Replacement (Repeat) Policy

The purpose of this policy is to allow students who have done poorly in a course to repeat the course and remove the weight of the earlier grade from the student’s cumulative grade point average. The IU East Faculty Senate sees this policy as an expansion of the University Faculty Council policy (UFC April 10, 1984 as amended – “FX” Policy) by extending the replacement option to include grade of A, B, C, D (including plus/minus), in addition to F.


A student may retake any undergraduate course and petition for exclusion of the previously earned grade from the cumulative GPA after repeating the course. A student may apply this grade replacement option for no more than five courses totaling no more than fifteen (15) credit hours.

This option may be exercised no more than two times for each course. Each attempt will count toward the course and credit hour limit.  Please note that “F” grades that have been assigned as the result of academic misconduct (i.e. plagiarism) may be “repeated for credit” but may NOT be “replaced” with an “FX” by this or any other grade replacement policy.

Extension of FX Policy

This policy replaces the FX policy (UFC Action April 10, 1984, and the IU East policies of March 2, 2004 and April 7, 2015). Previously granted FX and extended-X grades will be honored under this policy.

Effective Date

This policy is effective with the 2018/19 academic year. Students may replace any previously earned grades by completing a Petition for Grade Replacement form for each grade they wish to replace.  The number of credit hours and course previously used for grade replacement will be applied to limits under this policy.

Grades and courses for which this option is available

Grade replacement under this policy is only available for undergraduate courses with fixed credit. Grades in courses with variable topic may not be replaced unless the topics, rigor, expected competencies, and work-assignments in both courses are the same. The determination of equivalency is made by the faculty. Under this policy, any grade may be replaced by the grade in the retaken course. A grade of “W”, “I”, or “NC” cannot be used to replace another grade.

Academic Record

This policy only excludes certain grades from the calculation of the grade point average. All grades will remain part of the student’s academic record; a notation on the transcript will indicate if a grade is not included in the GPA calculation. The provisions apply to undergraduate courses taken by students pursuing an undergraduate degree only. If a degree has been awarded, in no case may a grade be replaced for a course taken prior to the award of that degree. Schools and programs with selective admissions criteria may use a GPA calculation that does not honor the grade replacement under this policy in determining admissibility, academic standards, honors and graduation criteria.


Students may petition for grade replacement under this policy at any time after repeating the course. The petition is made on a course-by-course basis. Once a grade replacement has been entered in a student’s academic record, it may not be rescinded. The registrar’s office will – in consultation with the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Admissions and Academic Affairs Committee – establish a procedure consistent with this policy.

Grades Earned at other IU campuses

Students who take a course at another IU campus and subsequently repeat that course at IU East may petition for grade replacement under this policy. However, replacement of grades earned at another IU campus is subject to the policies and procedures at that campus. The registrar at IU East shall forward petitions for grade replacement to the appropriate registrar and shall act as a liaison between the divisions and faculty who are responsible for evaluating the replacement.

Honoring grade replacement requests from other IU campuses

IU East joins all other IU campuses in honoring the principle that the grade policies on the degree granting campus are applicable for each student. Hence, if an IU East student transfers to another campus with different grade replacement policies, IU East will honor requests from that campus, on behalf of the student, to replace an IU East grade that may not be replaceable under this policy. If the student were to return to IU East for graduation, however, that grade exclusion may not apply. In such a case, the student may petition to the degree-granting division to honor the IU sister-campus’s grade replacement policy.

Grades earned outside of the IU system cannot be used to replace grades earned at IU East.

Grade replacement with courses using different course numbers

A student may petition to replace a grade in one course with the grade earned in another course, provided that the two courses are equivalent. The determination of equivalency of the two courses is made by the appropriate department chair and the faculty of the subject area. In order to establish equivalency, the faculty must determine that topics, rigor, expected competencies, and work-assignments in both courses are equivalent. A comparison of course descriptions alone is not adequate to establish equivalency. Students may not petition for grade replacement on the basis of having proved competency by successfully completing a subsequent course, through life experience, or through testing. [Explanation: This provision is meant to be used in cases where a course number has been changed, or where the two different course numbers are used for essentially the same course.]

The Chancellor’s and Dean’s Lists will not be altered retroactively after the completion of “I” or “R” graded courses.