Registrar & Student Records

Changing your Major

In the academic life of students, there comes a time some will feel the need to "change their major" or academic plan. At Indiana University East, it is a relatively simple process.

Prior to changing majors, students are encouraged to meet with, or talk to, their current academic advisor, as well as an academic advisor in the new program in which they are interested.

Once you know what major you want to change to...

  1. Pick up a Change of Major Form from the Office of Student Records, Whitewater Hall, Rm 116 or click here to access the change of major form online. You will need to print the online form.  Fill-out the form, sign it, date it.

  2. Take (or scan and send) the completed change of major form to your new academic advisor for his/her signature.

  3. Your new academic advisor will send the completed change of major form to the Office of Student Records for processing.