Schedule of Classes (SoC)
Indiana University East publishes its schedule of classes (SoC) approximately one month prior to the start of registration. Class schedule search options include:
This is the search option to use if you want the official schedule of classes and you need detailed textbook information.
The "OFFICIAL CLASS SCHEDULE" search engine reflects real-time course availability, as well as the open or closed status of each class. Additionally, with each class, there is a button which leads to more information specific to that section, including textbook and prerequisite details.
Students, advisors, faculty, and staff (two ways to search the official schedule of classes)
- Navigate to One.IU (https://one.iu.edu), then
- In the search box, type "courses"
- Select Search Courses (Login Required)
- Click "Start"
2.) Unofficial Class Search / Complete Class List
Please note: This is NOT a real-time search engine. This HTML, web-based, version of the schedule of classes search tool reflects day-old course enrollment totals, open/closed status, and seat availability. Textbook information is limited.
(PDF Copy) Unofficial Class Schedule
Provided primarily for administrators who need to review or print an entire department's course listing.
- Summer 2018 Schedule of Classes - PDF copy
- Fall 2018 Schedule of Classes - PDF copy
- Spring 2019 Schedule of Classes - PDF copy
- Summer 2019 Schedule of Classes - PDF copy
Regular Textbooks: IU East Barnes & Noble Bookstore
IU Electronic Textbooks (a.k.a. "eTexts"): Some classes at IU East are using electronic textbooks.
- Searching for Classes. Students, it is highly recommended that you use the "Official Class Schedule" search engine (see search option #1 above) in One.IU to search for available classes. Please READ THE FOOTNOTES associated with each class section.
(1) If a class is being taught with a regular textbook, additional information regarding that textbook can be found by clicking on the (Details) button.
On the "Search for Classes - Search Results" screen, click the (Details) button which leads to more information specific to that section including, textbook information.
(2) If a class is being taught with an eTextbook, the footnote will say, "IU eTEXT FEE REQUIRED." If you select an eTextbook-only class, you do NOT need to go to the Bookstore. You will automatically be charged on your feebill for the cost of the IU eTextbook.
(3) If a class is being taught with BOTH kinds of textbooks, the footnote will give you information regarding both.
- Once you've registered for an eTextbook class: You will be able to access eTextbook information from Class Schedule Details in your One.IU Student Center. Two links will be displayed on your class schedule details page. One link, ‘Textbook Summary’, provides information directly related to your eTextbook class(es), while the other link, ‘View/Order Textbooks’, leads to the Barnes & Noble textbook listing.
- Once in Canvas: When you sign in to Canvas, you will see a tab for Courseload on the left side. Clicking the Courseload tab will provide you with access to your eTextbook(s). If you are having trouble signing into Courseload, please contact the IT Help Desk, located in Hayes Hall, Rm. 169 or call (765) 973-8375.
- Can students "opt out" of the eText requirement?
Questions about the Courseload Software: Staff at the Center for Teaching and Learning can assist you. The Center for Teaching and Learning is located in Hayes Hall. http://www.iue.edu/ctl
Indiana University East participates in "Transfer Indiana" and is a member of the "Core Transfer Library (CTL).
What is the CTL? To enable you to transfer college credits, Indiana has developed the
Core Transfer Library (CTL) – a list of courses that will transfer among
all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate
All Core Transfer Library courses will meet the general education or free elective requirements of undergraduate degree programs, and a significant majority of CTL courses will also count as one-on-one equivalents to courses taught at your new campus.
Courses on the IU East Schedule of Classes, that are a part of the Core Transfer Library (CTL), carry the following footnote: "This class is part of the 'Transfer Indiana' (transferIN) Initiative. For additional information , link to www.transferin.net."
Click here to see a complete list of IU East courses listed in the CTL.
- DA = Danielson Center - New Castle
- GD = Good Samaritan Hospital - Dayton
- HY = Hayes Hall (main campus)
- IM = Madison
- LB = Lawrenceburg
- OL = Online (web)
- RW = Springwood Hall (main campus)
- SA = Student Activities & Events Center (main campus)
- TR = Tom Raper Hall (main campus)
- WB = Web (online)
- WZ = Whitewater Hall (main campus)
Days of the Week Abbreviations
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- S = Saturday
- MW = Monday & Wednesday
- TR = Tuesday & Thursday
- D = (daily) M,T,W,R,F
- ARR = meeting day and time arranged with instructor
|Spring 2018 - Web||Spring 2017 - Web||Spring 2016 - Web|
|Spring 2018 - PDF||Spring 2017 - PDF||Spring 2016 - PDF|
|Summer 2017 - Web||Summer 2016 - Web|
|Summer 2017 - PDF||Summer 2016 - PDF|
|Fall 2017 - Web||Fall 2016 - Web|
|Fall 2017 - PDF||Fall 2016 - PDF|
|Spring 2015 - Web||Spring 2014 - Web||Spring 2013 - Web|
|Spring 2015 - PDF||Spring 2014 - PDF||Spring 2013 - PDF|
|Summer 2015 - Web||Summer 2014 - Web||Summer 2013 - Web|
|Summer 2015 - PDF||Summer 2014 - PDF||Summer 2013 - PDF|
|Fall 2015 - Web||Fall 2014 - Web||Fall 2013 - Web|
|Fall 2015 - PDF||Fall 2014 - PDF||Fall 2013 - PDF|
|Spring 2012 - Web||Spring 2011 - Web||Spring 2010 - Web|
|Spring 2012 - PDF||Spring 2011 - PDF||Spring 2010 - PDF|
|Fall 2012 - Web||Fall 2011 - Web||Fall 2010 - Web|
|Fall 2012 - PDF||Fall 2011 - PDF||Fall 2010 - PDF|