Internal Funding Opportunities
Current internal funding opportunities for IU East faculty and students are listed below:
Faculty Support Opportunities
- Faculty Research Support Fund provides support for large projects.
- Summer Faculty Fellowships provide support during the summer months for work on approved projects.
- Sabbatical Leaves provide support for either semester- or year-long leaves to work on approved projects.
- System-wide Support Opportunities provide a number of support opportunities that are available to IU East faculty from the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- New Frontiers in the Arts and Humanities provides support for faculty members to expand their work into disciplinary or interdisciplinary frontiers that promise new insights into the human condition or pursue innovative directions in artistic creativity.
Student Research Support
IU East provides support for student research through two special programs. Both of these require sponsorship by a faculty member and thus students and faculty will need to work together to apply for support through either one.
- The Undergraduate Student Research Expenses Fund provides assistance for expenses associated with conducting student research as well as support to help defray the cost of presenting student work at student and professional conferences.
- The SUMRS Program (the Summer Research Scholar Program) provides a summer stipend in support of outstanding student research projects.
Please contact the Office of Academic Affairs for the latest information, forms, and deadlines for internal grant opportunities.