All IU East students, in every discipline, are invited to participate in Student Research Day, where we recognize the research, scholarly and creative work of our student scholars. Whether it’s writing a play, designing an experiment, discovering a fresh take on history or developing the next big idea, you have an opportunity to share that work with the entire IU East community on Friday, April 10, at Student Research Day.
Online students as well as on-campus students can submit a proposal. Student work that results from independent scholarship from courses, independent studies, summer research programs, Honor’s projects, and creative endeavors will be all featured.
Participants may choose to present a poster or an oral presentation, to be judged by a panel of faculty and staff. In addition, participants have the option of getting published in the Journal of Student Research at IU East. Student Research Day also showcases the Summer Scholars research program and the Art Student Showcase.
Interested in participating? Here’s how:
- Complete and submit the Abstract Proposal Form by March 15
- If you’re accepted, great! Get your project ready!
- On April 10th be ready for your presentation, either in Whitewater Hall or online
- Peruse other presentations, eat desserts and attend the award ceremony
- Consider sending your work to the Journal of Student Research.
Have a topic you’re researching but could use some assistance? Ask Us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about student research opportunities or publishing in the Journal of Student Writing? Contact Research Librarian Sue McFadden email@example.com