The Custodial Staff at IU East is working together to maintain the cleanliness of the entire campus. This staff consist of:
- eight 1st shift custodians
- two 2nd shift custodians
The following is a basic outline of some of the many services Physical Facilities Custodial Staff provides at Indiana University East.
- Daily and Routine Cleaning of all the buildings on Campus
- Public and Circulating areas - First impression areas are a high priority and receive daily cleaning.
- Lounges, Restrooms, Classrooms/Labs/Conference Rooms - Top priority is necessarily given to the cleaning of lounges and restrooms.
- The following is the daily minimum cleaned in all buildings
- Waste removal
- Complete cleaning and sanitation of restrooms
- Floor care, including dust mopping, damp mopping and /or vacuuming.
- Paper and soap products in restrooms
- The following can be expected to be accomplished in office areas
- Daily waste removal
- Floors swept on a regular basis
Requesting Special Cleaning
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to submit a special request for office cleaning. Physical Facilities will contact you to schedule a time and date to ensure you have adequate time to remove your personal effects from the area to be cleaned. Physical Facilities staff will not move personal effects due to the possibility of damage or loss.