Why IU East Online? Affordable Indiana University degree, courses flexible to your schedule, dedicated credit transfer counselors, plus, IU East pioneered online education at IU!
This program is for you if you hold an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) from a regionally accredited institution and seek to supplement the technical skills you acquired through your AAS with knowledge and experience that can prepare you for a managerial or supervisory role.
With its combined focus on business and science skills, the BAS prepares you for such careers as:
- Office manager
- Human resource manager
- Hospitality manager
- Allied health professional
- Construction and safety manager
Healthcare Management Track
The healthcare management track may appeal to you if you hold an AAS in one of the many healthcare fields, such as medical assisting, healthcare support, paramedic science, and medical laboratory technology.
As a student in this track, you take courses that prepare you to:
- Compare and contrast the US healthcare system (including reimbursement) with other systems around the world.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical, legal, financial, and political factors that influence the provision of health services in the United States.
- Evaluate access to, and the cost of, US healthcare (including reimbursement practices) for different types of care.
- Effectively assess and implement improvements in clinical care, customer service, and human resource planning in a healthcare setting.
- Integrate knowledge and skills and apply to health management issues or challenges. This is the capstone course.
This program is part of the School of Business & Economics.
This 100 percent online, consortial program is taught by IU East, IU Kokomo, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. This consortial model allows you to take coursework from several campuses and learn from a wide range of faculty.